IGNORED

smoking weed and producing

Guest yikes

concerning smoking cigarettes: when i used to smoke i found it easier to think about tracks while listening and smoking. nowadays , 2+ years after quitting i don't NEED a smoke to have a proper listen. i assume this might be the same with other things.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I am settling into a routine of working on the structure of a track (adding new parts and loops and breakdowns and so on) during a morning coffee when I first wake up. But later at night when I'm baked, I tend to really settle into tweaking tiny bits and adding little breakout patterns. All the little fun details.

It's very true about it being way too easy to just sit and listen after a few cones though. But at the same time, this is often where good ideas can come from. Sometimes after listening through a half completed tune to the bit I'm stumped on, a lightbulb will go off over my head and I'll just hear the next bit and then attempt to add it in.

Sometimes having a few drinks can be good too, you just end up throwing stuff in and seeing how it goes (ass opposed to having ideas and going "nah that would probably sound shit, fuck it") and sometimes this can really work but it throws my mixing ear out badly so I avoid touching any volume controls.

Guest hahathhat

Yeah I am settling into a routine of working on the structure of a track (adding new parts and loops and breakdowns and so on) during a morning coffee when I first wake up. But later at night when I'm baked, I tend to really settle into tweaking tiny bits and adding little breakout patterns. All the little fun details.

It's very true about it being way too easy to just sit and listen after a few cones though. But at the same time, this is often where good ideas can come from. Sometimes after listening through a half completed tune to the bit I'm stumped on, a lightbulb will go off over my head and I'll just hear the next bit and then attempt to add it in.

Sometimes having a few drinks can be good too, you just end up throwing stuff in and seeing how it goes (ass opposed to having ideas and going "nah that would probably sound shit, fuck it") and sometimes this can really work but it throws my mixing ear out badly so I avoid touching any volume controls.

just a dash of everything on the shelf in turn, but not too much.

Archived