IGNORED

Violent Space

wahrk

http://soundcloud.com/wahrk/violent-space

I really just enjoy its rich, non-repeating nature.

So what it is is two instances of Massive, both generating white noise with the color modulated by an LFO whose rate is modulated by very low rate white noise. One of them also has a filter that is being modulated by another LFO/noise combo. These are the panned back and forth between by an LFO whose rate is modulated randomly.

Then, they both run into a 5-band EQ with each band being modulated by its own LFO. These 5 LFO's rates are linked to a single fader but with different ranges for each LFO. This fader is then modulated by an LFO whose rate is modulated randomly.

That signal runs into a stereo delay with the left/right delay time, left/right feedback, and send amount (5 parameters) done up in the same way as the EQ, but with an entirely new chain of LFOs.

That runs into a flanger with all of its parameters save the amount done up in the same manner again.

Then the master has a subtle bandpass with its frequency controlled by an LFO/random combo.

Finally, the rate of all the random generators and their range offsets are controlled by two faders, one for each. I didn't fiddle with them for this clip though. I just left them sitting pretty low.

Reverb to taste. Voila.

tl/dr I made some crazily modulated random shit 'cause I'm stoned and can't sleep and have been having a kind of weird experimental/spiritual night.

Archived