IGNORED

I'm after a mixing program

Guest meneedit

Guest meneedit

I know there are not alot of Trance fans here but my question is:

What is the best program for mixing?

Note: The program must have the following features:

-Live EQing

-Ability to auto-beatmatch without altering pitch (stretch beatmatching)

I tried doing a little mixing in Audition.

the first track was "Syntax - Bliss (Felix The Housecat Vocal remix)" and the second was "Infusion - Girls Can Be Cruel"

With the second song, when I tried to simply stretch the whole song by only 1% Adobe Audition stuffed the beat up badly.

Changing the splicing frequency fixed this problem, but then even though the kicks of the two songs were now synced up, I wanted to change the pitch.

I tried to change the pitch (unaffecting the tempo) to match the previous song. I realised that if the splicing frequency is still left on high you cant pitch shift the bass frequencies. So I brought the splicing frequency back down again but then the pitch shift totally massacred the sound again.

If I keep using Audition to mix, i'm just gonna keep running into problems.

I definitely need a program that can do this nearly flawlessly.

Thank you :wink:

Yeah traktor would probably be a better option for what you're after.

Ableton has much more features etc. making it unnecessarily complicated for what you want to do.

Guest nme30

as far as i know trance is mostly on cd aint it????

TRACKTORS the way to go definately, got lotsa friends using it for trance , infact i think its more suited for trance than dnb or hiphop, bpm sync works everytime, but be a devil and try not use it, btw if u got a multiple output sound card and a dj mixer, assign deck a to chanel one and deck b to channel 2 , then u can really have a fun and easy mix

as far as i know trance is mostly on cd aint it????

This is not true, there´s shitloads of trance djs playing vinyl.

They´re EVERYWHERE.

Guest nme30

cool, nice to know, all the top dj's i know of in the south african scene just use cd. on my way to do some mixing using traktor now, with my pc a mixer and my dads laptop!!!!!! time to rinse some dnb

Archived