IGNORED

Download of my live electronic set from last night

Guest Greg Reason

Guest Greg Reason

Did a fun half hour set last night and it turned out nicely so I thought I'd put it up for free download

my bandcamp

Pretty dancey, a bit of vaguely Industrial style stuff, some Ambient and Trip-Hop, an unreleased Ektoise track, a few surprises...

Guest Greg Reason

Thanks Robbie! Yeah I'm still a beginner with the solo sets (this is my third) so I'm making more loops and samples to keep in a little kit so I can hopefully get better and better and have more material to blend together. Lots of work ahead!

Just wanted to post quickly to say that I enjoyed this also. I was unsure about the Coil manipulations when they first came in but the way you built on it was really quite smart and worked as a peak to the set. If I was going to be harsh I thought the beats could've been expanded a little because once they got going they kept going and whilst they sounded pretty good most of the time it would've added a bit more "ebb and flow" to the set if they dropped out altogether to come back in. Maybe reprising the earlier drones later in the set before building to your climax. I'm probably nit-picking, it's a pretty enjoyable listen.

Guest Greg Reason

Absolutely right about the beats, I really need to get a lot more complexity and layering going on with that side of things. When I listen back it's the lack of diversity in rhythm that gets to me the most. I enjoy this set musically and it was nice over the big system in the room but I really do need to make stacks more beats and have them all warp-markered n ready to drop into the set when it needs changing up.

Archived