IGNORED

Anti-Grav Swamp

Guest hahathhat

This is fucking amazing. The title fits really well I think. Feels too short though. I feel like there is a lot of detail to be absorbed and parts could be extended and further examined musically.

Guest hahathhat

thanks guys!

Feels too short though. I feel like there is a lot of detail to be absorbed and parts could be extended and further examined musically.

not a criticism i get too often!!

this stuff is kind of like doing the FX for the star wars trench scene. you spend many hours piecing together a death star surface made from bits and pieces of toy buildings/spaceship model kits. then you have to go fly over it with a camera, to actually get the shots. not every detail of the model, every angle can show up. some bits will be missed as the camera flies by, others you'll only catch a fleeting glimpse of. if you tried to fully capture the model, the camera shots would be longer, slower, and much less exciting. and the point is to get the camera shot.

said in english: often i'll program a drum line and simply never get around to putting it somewhere when i do the mix. it's not that it doesn't fit so much as, "if i want that in there, i'm going to have to wait another 4 bars, and i bet the melody is already dragging on a bit, so fuck it."

things tend to go on too long if i don't keep a reign on myself -- i definitely do feel the urge to get it all in there. of course, balance is best, but if i've gone too far in the opposite direction, that means i'm making progress. :happy:

Archived