IGNORED

jaga jazzist + tortoise + field music + austin peralta

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne
On the 2nd of June, Jaga Jazzist will do an exclusive performance in Bergen, Norway - at the festival Festspillene i Bergen. This is the first concert since the 90s where Jaga invite guest musicians to perform with them on stage, and probably the first concert ever for Jaga where they do not play exclusively Jaga Jazzist material.

Guests:

David William Brewis and Peter Anthony Brewis of FIELD MUSIC (UK)

Dan Bitney + John McEntire + Jeff Parker of TORTOISE (US)

AUSTIN PERALTA (US)

Brothers David William Brewis and Peter Anthony Brewis are core members of UK act Field Music. Their 2010 album received much critical acclaim, amongst others 5 / 5 in Uncut. Jaga Jazzist saw Field Music play at the Øya festival last year, and have been big fans since then.

That Jaga Jazzist are inspired by Tortoise should not come as a surprise to anyone. Jaga's last album was mixed by John McEntire, and by coincidence, Tortoise is starting their European tour in Bergen on the 3rd of June. With Tortoise already in town it was natural to invite some of their members to join in.

Austin Peralta is a young classicaly trained pianist. He has performed and worked in many musical fields - both classical, jazz, hip hop, electronica, rock etc. He has cooperated with artists such as Flying Lotus and Erykah Badu. He is also the son of skate-legend Stacy Peralta. Jaga are big fans of both father and son.

With this armory of musical force the audience in Bergen can expect an exclusive and explosive concert, with a lot of surprises... Say no more!

really wish i could go! when i saw tortoise in 2009 i asked jeff tucker to let jaga jazzist open for them next tour; maybe this is fallout from that! excited!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived