IGNORED

A new IDM piece by encym ...

encym

I like the heavy drums and the strings. The beat sounds a bit too random at times for my taste, but maybe that's what you were going for. I really liked it though. The way you bring back the drums at 1:07 is crazy cool. Perfect lenght for the track too.

good drums and echo

melody needs work, bit boring, feels like you're just coating the drum workout, not prominent enough or memorable.

keep it up

I really enjoyed the parts where there were no crazy beats (intro/mid) I find you were trying to squeeze too many things into a narrow space.. then again I'm a boring twat.

good drums and echo

melody needs work, bit boring, feels like you're just coating the drum workout, not prominent enough or memorable.

keep it up

Jaffa - Your remark made me look in to that area a lot more. I would like to read what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/encym/laboratoire-extreme

Hi there, I haven't uploaded anything in a while.

I would like to hear what everybody's opinion about this track is!

Thanks for your time, hope you enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/encym/laboratoire

FYI, this link is no longer valid, its now http://soundcloud.com/encym/laboratoire-extreme

The melody around 2:20 is amazing.

And the beats are way better than in the first version. Not as random sounding.

Thanks!

The melody around 2:20 is amazing.

I find it astonishing that, despite the fact that you guys all listen to the most adventurous/noisy/experimental/complex music out there, there's one thing that seems as important as in Mozart's time: and that's the melody. I listen to some stuff that does away with it altogether, such as Alva Noto, and I ask myself why these guys can get away with compositions without slightest hints of melody, and everyone likes it.

Stuff like SND and a lot of Alva Noto always sounded like a bunch of soulless wank to me. I'm not saying that EVERY track needs some kind of melody, but as someone once said on here, SND sounds like Sonic being stuck between two bumpers for 9 minutes straight. It's the kind of music that I have to force myself to like. But hey, maybe I just 'don't get it'.

Guest jenny

i really like the echoed drums and ambient sounds. the melody's decent, i think it takes at least one turn that feels a bit cheesy or cheap. to be more precise, i'm talking about the part that starts playing at 00:56, which i really like, and the "response" to it on 01:01-something, it could've used some different notes to give it some more weight. but that's the sole criticism i can think of after one listen, and maybe it just stems from me being a jealous cunt. i really liked the track.

It's the kind of music that I have to force myself to like.

That's what comes close to describing how I feel about some music as well. But why force oneself? I tend to do it because I think I can broaden my horizon that way. A different strategy would be to strictly listening to stuff that you like intuitively, but if I'd done that I would have never listened to all the wonderful stuff that I really genuinely love now, and to none of the great jazz stuff that was hard to like at first.

i really like the echoed drums and ambient sounds. the melody's decent, i think it takes at least one turn that feels a bit cheesy or cheap. to be more precise, i'm talking about the part that starts playing at 00:56, which i really like, and the "response" to it on 01:01-something, it could've used some different notes to give it some more weight. but that's the sole criticism i can think of after one listen, and maybe it just stems from me being a jealous cunt. i really liked the track.

Thanks a lot for your reflections! I always take suggestions by WATMM board members seriously and have modified my tunes to their great advantage after some suggestions, so who knows! :-)

Archived