IGNORED

App for Streaming Bandcamp on iPhone, etc. (Kumbaya)

superstix

http://cirrostratusco.com/kumbaya/

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I'd try to stream an album hosted on Bandcamp via my iPhone (Safari, Atomic Web, iCab mobile browsers alike) I could never get it to play all tracks continuously. When one song ends, it looks like it's going to play the next track but then just loads infinitely, thus having to annoyingly skip to the next track every time.

I finally bothered to do a quick search and found Kumbaya, a free app that streams entire albums w/out having to skip! You can either go straight to an artist's page using their subdomain or search by artist name.

Hopefully sometime in the future they'll add features like searching by tag/genre and things of the like, but for now it's working great for continuous listening on the go.

Just thought I'd mention it since I know a lot of watmm uses Bandcamp. If anyone knows of an even better app for this, post it!

• 4 months later...
Guest cirrostratus

Hello all. The reason Kumbaya doesn't have tag search or browsing is the limitation of the Bandcamp API, not because of the app itself. I've talked to the developers at Bandcamp and they will open up tag search to developers in the future. As soon as that happens, you'll see it in Kumbaya :)

Version 2.0 was just released that made it easier to use and it's still 100% free for all us music lovers.

Archived