IGNORED

Soundcraft Spirit Studio 24/8

foresense

I'm going to pick up a Soundcraft Spirit Studio 24/8 tomorrow, I wanted to get something smaller, a Soundcraft EPM 12, but found this deal for 175 euro. These things are HUGE by my standards, and have loads of routing capabilities. Totally overkill right now, but what the hell, I have the space. Although it's old, it's cheaper then the one I was after.

It's a good deal right? Too good to be true?

Have you checked out the unit personally? They are great desks, and so long as its in good working condition, sounds like you have yourself a steal.

:smile:

Guest hahathhat

1) bring a buddy. you don't want to muscle one of these things up/down a flight of stairs by yourself.

2) what happens when something malfunctions? that's always the fear

3) with big boards i had trouble reaching all the fings when doing a live mix

but for 175eur i guess it's hard to fuck up

Guest hahathhat

damn yeah I was worried about the weight, tried to find some specs on that.. oh well will see how that goes, I need to pick it up by train lol.

sounds like you should promise someone a case of beer to tag along @!

edit: ok, it doesn't look as huge as the 24chan i had. but i'd still worry about carrying that myself!! maybe if it had a road case.

edit II: wait, is it this

a.provider,m.98570,mod.media,th.normal,s.pictures.JPG

or this

soundcraft_spirit_studio_main.jpg

or wat?

'cos i would not want to carry #1 solo, ho ho ho.

damn yeah I was worried about the weight, tried to find some specs on that.. oh well will see how that goes, I need to pick it up by train lol.

sounds like you should promise someone a case of beer to tag along @!

a.provider,m.98570,mod.media,th.normal,s.pictures.JPG

:fear:

well maybe I can fix a friend, how heavy do you recon it is?

okay I bought it. the dude kind of conned me into thinking it was a 24 channel while it was actually a 16 channel version. but what the hell, it's still cheap. not a steal but a good deal I guess..

it's HUGE and HEAVY. glad I didn't come by train. :flower:

nice, these things have the reputation of lasting a looong time. but let me know if you ever need to have some work done on it, i know a place in apeldoorn that specializes in soundcraft repair. this thing should be able to last you tens of year if you replace a little something here and there once in a while, proper oldschool solidness. btw, 150-200 is a fair price for a 16/8, not really a steal but you'll definitely have your money's worth if you take care of the thing.

alright thanks, I'll remember that! will let you know if somethings fuxed. it seems very solid indeed, like an SUV.. bought it off an old 'rocker' type dude, and he did let me check it out and everything seems alright.

Archived