IGNORED

Milieu Music Shop

Mellow U

header6.gif

Cool new forum idea!

So I figured I'd come by too and plant a stake in the dirt with my little flag on it...

VISIT THE MILIEU MUSIC STORE

At the above link you can find 80% of all releases I've done, either under my own name (Brian Grainger) or works as Milieu, Coppice Halifax, Bike, etc. I self-release most of my music, partially because I make so damn much, but also because it has snowballed into an actual living that I can pay my bills on. Between 3-5 new releases come out every month, and I ship worldwide for cheap (shipping is calculated by order weight, not per-item). Every release on the site is limited and usually hand-assembled in some way, some with shorter runs than others. Formats run the gamut...CD-R, vinyl, tapes, digital...and everything is fully streamable at Bandcamp as well.

I'd like to think there's really something there for everyone, since I am pretty much musically and creatively schizo. I make melodic braindance stuff, soft pretty ambient, deep dub techno, dense drones that go on forever, noisier experimental material and even guitar music of various kinds. I've been doing this since 2006 and hundreds of satisfied customers already exist!

So yeah, check out what I do. Support your local starving musician who will totally work for food.

P.S. There is also a mailing list that I send out every time the site is updated (usually once a month) and if anyone wants on it, just send an email to milieu_music@yahoo.com

I'll also try to come back here and update the thread periodically with links to new titles. Anyone has any questions, ask em!

Oh and I also forgot to mention - I will do trades too! Anyone looking to unload vinyl, tapes, CDs, etc in exchange for Milieu Music releases should get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Shop just got updated with the following new releases:

MMD008 / MILIEU / EUFLORIA OST(2xCD-R reissue in a white DVD case)

MMD018 / MILIEU / EUFLORIAN ADDITIONS (Five additional pieces for the Playstation Network version of the game)

MML079A / PARALLAX / BLISSCHORD (A remastered issue of the final EP I made pre-Milieu 7 years ago)

MML079B / MILIEU / BLISSCHORD VARIATIONS (Three expansions on the sound of the original EP)

ABX9 / COPPICE HALIFAX / ENDLESS ACRE (A dub techno liveset I did last year)

ABX10 / COPPICE HALIFAX & MONOAXIAL (A deep dubby split with Monoaxial aka Quantec)

Also, I've revived the cassette label I started in 2009, CO_RD Tapes, here:

http://cordtapes.bandcamp.com

The first three tapes in the catalog have been reissued in runs of 25 copies each, and there's a new tape, HEKATOMBAION, which is the first in a monthly series called BACCHUS TAPES. Be advised! Only two copies of Hekatombaion remain!

You've never released anything on Vinyl have you?

Indeed I have! The following releases of mine are vinyl:

SEAS - Arctic/Blue Dub 12"

Milieu - Phosphene Weather LP

Teenager - Smiling Faces/Beautiful Places 8" lathe

Brian Grainger - Highschool Guitar 12"

Also forthcoming on the format:

VCV & Shinobu Nemoto - Jovian Clouds LP

Coppice Halifax - High Hawaiian Fog LP

Brian Grainger & Biathalon - Backwater Fumes split 7"

Brian Grainger - Summer's Parting Ways 2xLP

Brian Grainger & Orick - Children Of The Hill split 2x7"

Milieu - Thriambus LP