IGNORED

IDM-mashup with AL and Launchpad

Guest mischjok

Guest kokeboka

I'm waiting on a launchpad I ordered so hopefully I can start performing live. It looks simple enough and it's eye candy on a dimly lit stage. Do you know of any good tutorials, or is it as simple as it looks?

Guest mischjok

I'm waiting on a launchpad I ordered so hopefully I can start performing live. It looks simple enough and it's eye candy on a dimly lit stage. Do you know of any good tutorials, or is it as simple as it looks?

It depends on what you want to do. I´d say the most difficult thing is coordinating both hands, besides, you need to remember which clips are where, so that you are more or less independant from the monitor. To be honest there´s a lot more to the launchpad than just triggering clips. You can use it as a MONOME emulator, for example.

It depends on what you want to do. I´d say the most difficult thing is coordinating both hands, besides, you need to remember which clips are where, so that you are more or less independant from the monitor. To be honest there´s a lot more to the launchpad than just triggering clips. You can use it as a MONOME emulator, for example.

I can't decide if I'd rather get this or a monome. They both seem pretty much the same.

Guest mischjok

I can't decide if I'd rather get this or a monome. They both seem pretty much the same.

Not at all. They look different and have a different approach to controlling. The Launchpad is a MIDI controller, whereas the Monome communicates via OSC. Both are hackable (with Max4live or PD). I´d go for the launchpad, for it comes with a free version of AL lite and it just looks cooler (more colors). It´s also very thin and portable.

Guest mischjok

Woah, what track (tracks?) is playing in the opening minute - It's really nice !

Check out the tracklist in the video description (on youtube). I´ve listed the musicians in order of appearance.

Archived