IGNORED

Your first track

Guest mushroom

Guest mushroom McGriff

What was the first track you ever produced(or your earliest available track, should you not have your first recording handy)? Regardless of quality, let's hear it.

I'll post something a bit later.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my 1st track

no computers were used nor harmed during this creation

created in 2001, enjoy

THat wasn't that bad. I have something far more pathetic from the depths of my ACID GM made attempts at what electronic music MIGHT sound like (had never heard any). cracked acid 4.0 (not at all what i needed, i really needed some midi things, but i managed to used ACID's midi.)

Encoded directly into 128 kbps mp3 from acid, no .wav exists (i didn't know it was a problem).

I didn't even change the Mp3 since i recorded it.

Guest AlexPallas
my 1st track

created in 2001, enjoy

thats pretty neat for a first song, how long did you spend on it?

edit: Bubba that song could have been on a commercial in the 80's

my 1st track

created in 2001, enjoy

thats pretty neat for a first song, how long did you spend on it?

took me about 3-4 hours probably... i was just learning my way around my groovebox, picked it up rather easily

Here's mine:

Untitled No. 2

Yeah yeah, I know it's No.2 but I can't find 1, which inexplicably has a name.. anyway it's obviously rubbish and boring as hell and probably about 3 minutes too long but... you wanted it!

Here's mine:
Untitled No. 2

Yeah yeah, I know it's No.2 but I can't find 1, which inexplicably has a name.. anyway it's obviously rubbish and boring as hell and probably about 3 minutes too long but... you wanted it!

This one is nice actually! I liked the melody and I was about to say that it is better than some stuff i do today, but then i realized that I had venetian snares playing in the background. Some ambient type of thing from WITBOAS! I was really confused when I closed the song and it was still playing!

Guest taxman

i remember making my first track with a friend of mine... with my yamaha psr-2, a computer mic, and microsoft sound recorder. it sucked a lot.

i no longer have it... can't say i miss it

Guest Iain C

Here's the oldest one: Take A Walk Down Iain Street.

Take_a_Walk_Down_Iain_Street.mp3

And because that's so bad, here's one from a couple of months later when I'd had a chance to improve a bit, still crap though. It's called BALLS.

I still love going back and listening to old shit tracks like these, I think that if you made it you can appreciate it no matter how crap it is, because it came from you

Guest Iain C
my 1st track

created in 2001, enjoy

That's not bad for a first try!!! I like the epiano bit in the middle

Encoded directly into 128 kbps mp3 from acid, no .wav exists (i didn't know it was a problem).

I didn't even change the Mp3 since i recorded it.

Love the cheesy fanfare at the end.

it's not my first track, more like 4th or so track i FINISHED. it dates back in 1998.

kokoon___donut.mp3

This is pretty good in places! :omg:

one of my first, proably 3rd

It caused me to LOL.

-----

Wicked thread idea!

this was my first ever "electronica" track i ever did.

http://huzzitac.kaen.org/2000%20-%202005/t...massacredub.mp3

no midi sync or computer programe.. just the win 95 wmp and a zoom rythem trak 123. i was playing the texas chainsaw massacre video game on the C64 whcih is the sound effects

and this was a song i did with out any sort of 4 track. i used a mabisi 1982 cassette recorder.

using the playstation ones' music maker and my guitar - a cover of bucketehads wondering off colma

http://huzzitac.kaen.org/2000%20-%202005/wundering.mp3

Guest Dreddy Schwager

DredEffect - Driver

One of the first tracks I did on a computer.

I had done some earlier tacks in other stupid gimicky remix programs that were just toys and didn't give you much control. I had also been playing drums for years at this point.

This track was done on Making Waves V1.0 back in 98. I had a demo that wouldn't save and I did this to try out the software. I just left the program running for a couple of days as I wrote it but towards the end my machine was all slow and about to crash. Thankfully I finished before I had to reboot. I had to record down to cassette and then back to wave to keep it.

Guest mushroom McGriff

Fuck. Everything here seems genius compared to my first track.

Behold what a shitty microphone and a pirated copy of ACID 4.0 yields. Which is a really, really bad take on "avant garde" or whatever.

obligations.mp3

Guest furrybum

i made this one ages ago. it was the first track i made that wasnt just a load of samples thrown together. its just a long ambienty type thing.

Recorded in ...hmm, would have been about 93/94? have vague memories of making it on headphones late at night on my sy-85 on the living room table, as you can tell i hadnt mastered eqing or when not to apply flange chorus to rhythm. Drums always were shit on the SY-85, weak sounding.

Oops, there are 3, they are all of the same tape so i guess i made em all at the same time.

"shake the ass" samples the break from "fantasia" caustic window, and the bass notes were all ripped using an AKAI-S2000, I do miss the sound of my sy-85 now im all software, its hard working out a way to incorporate into what i do, wish i could somehow import it through the fruityloop interface

Interesting thread..

I made my first song with Adobe Premeire in 1999. I was originally into making movies (and still am), and I would edit songs to get them to be a more desired lenth for my stupid little videos. Then I started deciding that there should be longer choruses, or no verses, and pretty much rearranging songs as I saw fit, then adding in sound effects, then timing those with the songs, and pretty soon I was taking clips from the movies and whatnot and making silly little glitch-shit with them. 7 years later, here I am...

Interesting thread..

I made my first song with Adobe Premeire in 1999. I was originally into making movies (and still am), and I would edit songs to get them to be a more desired lenth for my stupid little videos. Then I started deciding that there should be longer choruses, or no verses, and pretty much rearranging songs as I saw fit, then adding in sound effects, then timing those with the songs, and pretty soon I was taking clips from the movies and whatnot and making silly little glitch-shit with them. 7 years later, here I am...

cool man :phone:

Archived