IGNORED

Inactivity Killing As Many As Smoking

Redruth

Yeah. I have days off and I have days where I do much less. I make a point of being flexible with myself so as not to push it and drive myself away from wanting to exercise.

As far as I know (which admittedly isn't very far) you're better off doing less but more regularly than killing yourself a few times a month.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just do 6 days a week, one day off. alternate between 30 mins of cardio and weightlifting. Each takes at most an hour a day

Guest ruiagnelo

somehow our jobs/uni courses may always limit ourselves. i am studying architecture, which means that besides all the time i spend materializing the drawings and models - hours and hours - there is a whole process of highly exhaustive mental exercise, investigations, reading, etc. which you really can't do while walking in the park. even tho i move a lot, because there are always plenty of places to go to, people to meet, exhibitions to attend, and i exercise regularly, i often feel imprisoned by my own work, and i have lost count of all the days where i am sitting in my computer among all the books, and look outside my window to find the most beautiful of days.

the best thing about my field of work is that it gives me no proper routine, and an almost completely free schedulle, associated to the need to be in many places and eventually travel. i hope that one day i can compensate for all the hours i have consumed in front of my computer...

somehow our jobs/uni courses may always limit ourselves. i am studying architecture, which means that besides all the time i spend materializing the drawings and models - hours and hours - there is a whole process of highly exhaustive mental exercise, investigations, reading, etc. which you really can't do while walking in the park. even tho i move a lot, because there are always plenty of places to go to, people to meet, exhibitions to attend, and i exercise regularly, i often feel imprisoned by my own work, and i have lost count of all the days where i am sitting in my computer among all the books, and look outside my window to find the most beautiful of days.

the best thing about my field of work is that it gives me no proper routine, and an almost completely free schedulle, associated to the need to be in many places and eventually travel. i hope that one day i can compensate for all the hours i have consumed in front of my computer...

this is a good point. the only reason i have the routine that I do is because i literally have nothing else to do but work and sleep.

Archived