IGNORED

V - Trigger

Guest MrV

Hi guys. Kinda' new here.

Was looking for a non-cliched music community for ages and here you are ;]

Figured I'd start with posting a track that has been gathering dust for over a year now. So I'm kind of happy with the way it turned out, however I am considering rearranging/improving it to fit an EP that I'm working on. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :]

http://snd.sc/Q82KTc

Cheers

Guest Frankie5fingers

gave it a listen. not bad. i especially like how the piano kinda turns into a castlevania song (at least thats how it sounds to me). the things id point out is that this could really use a pad at 1.27-onwards to fill out the background and that you should work on the eq a little. you have a lot of different instruments competing for the same spot.

great intro and overall a really great song with much potential.

Castlevania, indeed.

I really enjoyed this, but there is one thing that bothers me - it somehow lacks space/deepness, something resonating in the background if you know what I'm saying. That's my thoughts. Overall, it's good.

Thx guys! Much obliged.

Castlevania! :D That's a first ;]. Never played it. Gave a listen to a couple of tracks on Y2B. Was aiming at a sinister/broken tune. Guess castlevania kinda sums it up.

I am aware of the frequency competing instruments and the not so great overal mastering, I'll definitly work on that, thx.

Any pointers on achieving more separation?

I'll also try adding some soundscapes from 1:27, good point.

What about 2:56 - 3:30? I was wondering if that part might seem monotonous? Should I try and make some variations?

Cheers

V.

I guess you should EQ your drums in highs and lows, main instruments in highs and mids, background pads with lots of reverb in mids and your bass instrument in lows.

Otherwise I love the melody of it! Really game-like, like others said.

Guest Frankie5fingers

What about 2:56 - 3:30? I was wondering if that part might seem monotonous? Should I try and make some variations?

not at all. i quite like that part in fact and its a great ending melody because its simple. what i may suggest is getting rid of that drum ending thing you have starting at 3.30 and extend this by 2 measures and have the song fade out with it. up to you though, but this is what i would do.

Archived