IGNORED

Technology will replace 80% of what doctors do

syd syside

I can't say I agree with this downgrading of Dr. status to just some asshole who hands out medicine. I quite like thinking of doctors as upstanding people who do a great job and work hard.

Fuck technology.

Who said doctors aren't upstanding people? And fuck technology? Doctors already rely heavily on technology...

:cerious:

Yes, people are living longer. And the most important impact of this is the the need for care (instead of cure) in these final stages of life. The things which inflate healthcare costs are, to put it bluntly, the growing amount of old people (people past the age of 65 require much more healthcare), and ironically technological developments. Somehow these new technologies tend to cost more and more.

The healthcare market is a sick market. But the doctors are not to blame. Nor the amount of doctors. Even worse, at the current rate there might be a shortage of doctors in the future. So they need all the technological assistance they could get.

Yes, people are living longer. And the most important impact of this is the the need for care (instead of cure) in these final stages of life. The things which inflate healthcare costs are, to put it bluntly, the growing amount of old people (people past the age of 65 require much more healthcare), and ironically technological developments. Somehow these new technologies tend to cost more and more. The healthcare market is a sick market. But the doctors are not to blame. Nor the amount of doctors. Even worse, at the current rate there might be going to be a shortage of doctors in the future. So they need all the technological assistance they could get.

Contradicting arguments here... I can hardly figure out a proper response. Most important impact is care not cure? Hmmm confusing.

As for cost of healthcare:

healthcarecostslong.jpg?uuid=-806JHqFEeC

Not contradicting. That infomercial is about explaining why the costs in the us are so much more higher per capita than anywhere else. The rise in healthcare costs is another problem which is shared by all western societies.

That infomercial does put an awful lot of blame on the doctors though. I'm not too familiar with the american healthcare system, but to put the blame almost entirely there is pretty sick. I can't shoot holes in it though. But the basic fact that us care costs way more than anywhere else is a given.

Archived