IGNORED

Loops

Guest ragzter

Guest ragzter

Hello WATMM,

Here is my track for those who don’t want music discussion (perfectly understandable!). I understand that there are other subforums purely for music discussion, but I was thinking of this thread more in terms of a collection of actual music, in case anyone else would like to share their bits and pieces.

I’m wondering something. When you make tracks, you typically (but not always) break them into patterns. Sometimes you begin creating a lot on just one pattern, before sequencing variations of that pattern, in contrast to making one pattern at a time. I prefer the former. It appears to me that when you’re satisfied with such a “saturated” pattern (of the former kind), you end up listening to the pattern repetitively for a very long time. This, in turn, has made me realize that I’m perfectly satisfied with just one pattern repeated, instead of trying to “finish” the track by making a few forceful variations here and there. Of course, sometimes I come up with variations that I like, in which case I do them, but this is far from always. What I’m wondering is, do you, like me, fancy listening to repeated patterns (such as from your own music)? If so, would you like to share any examples? :-)

I’m not talking about drone music, at least not to my understanding, because drone music typically have much shorter intervals. One important similarity with drone music however is that the repetitiveness is making the music hypnotic, which is one of the qualities I feel is particularly noteworthy.

You can listen to my latest track of this kind here. (same as the link above).

Before posting this, I would also like to add that my joy for this kind of music is non-exclusive.

simple but effective, nice first post, thanks for sharing

to answer your question no i dont really create from patterns, more like phrasing, but i dont even have any finished tracks right now. hope to get some up soon.

would be nice to see more variation in the drums, as it gets a bit too repetitive -- and it's a little too fast for me to consider it ambient. solid stuff though! I like the sound of that mildly distorted vocal sample

I love patterns of all sorts, not just audio patterns. But yeah, count me in. I guess that's why I'm deeply in love with bands like Biosphere and William Basinksi.

Nice song btw.

edit: I do however enjoy the other end of the spectrum too.

Archived