IGNORED

MIDI-USB headaches with windows 7

TRiP

so upon modding my Monotribe to have MIDI IN/OUT I bought a cheap USB-MIDI 2.0 cable, it seems i should have done better research first as these cheap MIDI-USB cables pretty much notoriously all don't work with any Windows systems post XP

after many many hours I think i've finally got my laptop to recognise the cable as a USB-MIDI 2.0, but now my next problem is trying to test and see if it is infact working

It shows up in Ableton Live as (USB-MIDI 2.0), but can't seem to actually get it to receive or send any MIDI note info, nor' does LIve indicate any MIDI activity in the top right corner when it plays

so does anyone have any solutions for me? A USB-MIDI interface with drivers that WILL work with Windows 7? Am i just routing it incorrectly in Live? Is there any freeware programs that one could use to simply test if the cable/drivers are successfully sending receiving?

I use this with Windows 7 fine: http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Midisport-Uno-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00007JRBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363904383&sr=8-1&keywords=m-audio+midi+usb

Although I'm fairly certain I got it for $15 at RadioShack many years ago.

hmmm, my only guess is that since its M-audio, it has dedicated drivers for it and vista/7

yamaha ux 16: is it good , dudes?

in my searching i'm pretty sure at one stage I was on Yamaha's driver page and it seemed to have Windows 7 (and possibly 8) drivers available to download

may try downloading the ux16 driver and see what happens

actually, just remembered i had already tried the Yamaha driver - doesn't work tho as in order to complete the installation it require you to plug in the ux16 - and obviously when i plug in my cheap usb-midi device it doesn't detect it

Guest chunky

tried a cheap-oh usb midi from ebay hong kong, never worked

trying to use a ps3 controller on my lappy never worked either, even with the driver

could have been a problem with the usb on the laptop rather than the gadgets? missing windows driver? this was on windows vista

i'm thinking of going for the ux16 so i'll let you know how it works out buddy

cheers man, do lettuce know how the ux16 works out

think ill try out the ole' M-Audio one:

I use this with Windows 7 fine: http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Midisport-Uno-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00007JRBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363904383&sr=8-1&keywords=m-audio+midi+usb

Although I'm fairly certain I got it for $15 at RadioShack many years ago.

Archived