IGNORED

[RVR0130] To The Lovers, Farewell - This Is Mathcore Vol 1

Guest redvenicerecords

Guest redvenicerecords
[RVR0130] To The Lovers, Farewell - This Is Mathcore Vol 1

After listening to a hefty amount of breakcore via Venetian Snares, a load of Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan I decided to try and infuse vocals entirely into the album and make noise almost danceable.....but with the mathcore framework they grooves are short lived. This framework can also be transferred live as I found I was not only drunk, but lost for words in most cases and with.....nothing else to do other than attempt a rant. The Akai MPC sampler is the emulated one on the ipad, the 'real' one cost too much, way too much! But all tracks were recorded live in the studio in one take and I made various edits to the ones I mastered/Tracks 3 and 5 were recorded and mastered at KPS Studios, they are both recorded with Kairi Parker Shikari of CloseMindedGirl/Ascend Silver Poison. Kairi was on contact mics that were pressed against his skin, the floor, a tin and that background noise ambience is what you get on those two tracks. Track 7 is dedicated to James Wise, who introduced me to minimal from an academic point of view, I have never been a fan of John Cage...but I am slowly getting there. There is no general theme to this album, it is mainly, as always, a tester for the next album. The title is just a piss take. This is the underground I am not here to write classics.

credits

released 08 June 2013

Kristian Leigh - Alchemy Synth, Akai MPC Sampler, Rob Papen Blue Synth, Vocals, Mastering(1,2,4,6,7,8,9)

Kairi Parker Shikari - Contact Mics, Mastering(3,5)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived