IGNORED

Blu Mar Ten Remix

better than the original... that's some pretty solid footwork... are you composing that percussion from scratch or is is sequences of the percussion pre assembled

i just realized who you were plugexpert... ha! nice

...are you composing that percussion from scratch or is is sequences of the percussion pre assembled

I run a 1 bar tramen loop through an effect chain, rendered in the processing, cut the break up in chunks, copied these chunks a few times with different loop marker settings and 'programmed' them in Renoise. Additionally I also cut the original beat up at every transient, in little chunks for insertion at certain points in the patterns. So a mix up of little loop chunks and micro bits :) .

With beat programming I like searching for some kind of groove first, setting up a track with just a basskick the rest of the percussion can hold on to as some kind of starting point. Then offset some snares accordingly and fill it up with bits and loops. You can't go wrong.

wow, i like how you described your working technic, inspired me somehow.. i often have problems to get some kind of new ideas or always go with the same techniques...
i like your track quite alot, especially the percussion as well :P it's full of life and kept my attention along the song, great work !

i often have problems to get some kind of new ideas or always go with the same techniques...

There are more ways than one to Rome, play around with your sounds/tools and new options will open up surely :-)

Archived