IGNORED

Static Dawn

Guest Alex0112

Have you overdone the compression or is it a deliberate sidechaining effect? Feels like the whole thing is pumping to me but not in a good way, it's suffocating the track by fighting with any spaciousness the reverb might have given it in the first place. I still liked it enough to listen a few times though.

Guest Alex0112

Have you overdone the compression or is it a deliberate sidechaining effect? Feels like the whole thing is pumping to me but not in a good way, it's suffocating the track by fighting with any spaciousness the reverb might have given it in the first place. I still liked it enough to listen a few times though.

Ya know, I actually think it's the way the bassline is phrased that is creating an illusion of pumping. I didn't apply any sidechaining. Perhaps there is a bit too much compression on the master bus, however, which I can go back in and tweak.

Thanks for listening though, hugely appreciated!

Also, wanted to upload a high res version of the cover art:

a2180617917_10.jpg

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah, id turn those kicks down a little. they pull you away from the awesomeness that youve got goin on here :happy:

Guest Alex0112

Your production skills never cease to amaze me. Do you do the artwork as well?

Thanks a ton! It's nice to have some outside and unbiased feedback. My objective listening skills go out the window after hearing the track 400 times.

Yeah I do the artwork as well....something I've recently starting doing. I really was originally into visual art before making music...this was back when I was younger though.

I really think artwork just allows for a more satisfying final product....makes it more tangible.

Definitely sounds overcompressed, the kick sucks it all.

yeah, id turn those kicks down a little. they pull you away from the awesomeness that youve got goin on here :happy:

I fell victim to comparing myself to a bunch of artists with immaculate production in my iTunes library...just really wanted the track to bump.

Again, I'm glad to get this outside feedback... I'll turn them kicks down.

Guest yanG

Saving this post from going to page 2.

Haha! Page 2 always gave me the creeps, but actually it's not as terrible as it seems... And remember, all posts make their way to page 2! It has even been suggested by scientists that there are other pages beyond page 2, and that posts wander there, going always deeper!

Guest tonfarben

haha, yanG that was a funny one...

anyway, I like the track. Besides what others said, I though have a suggestion. What if you take out the synth from the beginning at the break at 2.20? I think that filter effect is a little cheesy and overdone, just give the other instrument that you introduce there more room. And get that synth back into the mix as the beat starts again. Just a suggestion though.

Guest Alex0112

Saving this post from going to page 2.

Haha! Page 2 always gave me the creeps, but actually it's not as terrible as it seems... And remember, all posts make their way to page 2! It has even been suggested by scientists that there are other pages beyond page 2, and that posts wander there, going always deeper!

So reassuring, yanG! Makes me feel much better about my tracks' status as a non-stickied thread and eventual passing on to pages beyond.

haha, yanG that was a funny one...

anyway, I like the track. Besides what others said, I though have a suggestion. What if you take out the synth from the beginning at the break at 2.20? I think that filter effect is a little cheesy and overdone, just give the other instrument that you introduce there more room. And get that synth back into the mix as the beat starts again. Just a suggestion though.

Glad you dig! Good suggestion for sure and I'll see how it sounds, although my goal for this track was density and having it be a little rough around the edges.

Haha and yes the filtering is definitely a bit cheesy and overdone but I think it works; for whatever reason that day I was listening to that track by Swedish House Mafia "Don't You Worry Child" quite a bit (guilty pleasure) and wanted to cheekily pay homage to the big, euphoric, arena electro- house EDM shit that's getting blasted everywhere. On my way to selling out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest GarthKnight

Well I love that sucking / pumping sound and MAN the kick sounds awesome.I love this mix and your sound pallet choice is great - really well thought out production it has such nice 'warm/thick' sound.

Archived