IGNORED

A Pivotal Moment

granty

Thought I'd try making a prelude to one of my existing tracks - to see if I could increase the impact of it by contrasting the feeling/emotional aspects. I used the same instruments and I think they're in the same key, so I'm hoping I can segue from the prelude into the main track in a live setting without it jarring too much.

Here they are in sequential order:

https://soundcloud.com/lo_five/a-pivotal-moment

https://soundcloud.com/lo_five/ridin-on-air

Guest Frankie5fingers

eh, doesnt really do it for me. if it were me id open with the pad first, then bass, then piano. actually, the pad is pretty cool, and i think you could actually get away with just that and no piano or bass imo.

Hey Frankie, I tried taking the bass and piano out as you suggested - with just the pad it sounded just like this:

It felt like Picard was going to pipe up any second. Imagine that a gig, loads of people shouting "SPACE... THE FINAL FRONTIER!!!"

Guest drukqs

Personally I love this, especially how those high up background pads ring, meandering in the background. Very well executed and timed.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Hey Frankie, I tried taking the bass and piano out as you suggested - with just the pad it sounded just like this:

It felt like Picard was going to pipe up any second. Imagine that a gig, loads of people shouting "SPACE... THE FINAL FRONTIER!!!"

hey that'd be pretty epic! you know i was just saying that music needs more Picard. flol. well, it was just a suggestion.

Archived