IGNORED

fl studio trick effect, needed

YEK

so i'm playing with a handful of drum hits making beats

i know how to send each one to their own effect channel

i also know how to set them all to the same effects in one channel (right word)

but i don't know how to do both

is this possible?

yeah you just have to use the channel sends. say you have a kick, snare, and a hat. you send kick to ch 1, snare to 2, hat to 3. then you could go to fx channels 1-3 and tell them to send to channel 4. you would probably want to remove the master send from channels 1-3. then you have each drum going to its own channel, and from there being mixed into channel 4.

you can get trickier routings to do it just about any way you want. you could send something to channel 1 (and again mute the master send from ch 1), then from there go to channels 2 and 3, and do parallel processing that way. then you can have different effects processing it in channels 2 and 3, and mix the outputs together as you please. you could even mute the master send from 2 and 3 and send both of those into 4, and process the mix of the two even further.

yeah you just have to use the channel sends. say you have a kick, snare, and a hat. you send kick to ch 1, snare to 2, hat to 3. then you could go to fx channels 1-3 and tell them to send to channel 4. you would probably want to remove the master send from channels 1-3. then you have each drum going to its own channel, and from there being mixed into channel 4.

you can get trickier routings to do it just about any way you want. you could send something to channel 1 (and again mute the master send from ch 1), then from there go to channels 2 and 3, and do parallel processing that way. then you can have different effects processing it in channels 2 and 3, and mix the outputs together as you please. you could even mute the master send from 2 and 3 and send both of those into 4, and process the mix of the two even further.

hey misterE, i really appreciate it but i'm still having troubles. could you tell what this technique is called so i can search it on youtube?

Archived