IGNORED

80's-style Pete Standing Alone

747Music

Hey folks, I'm working on what the title of this thread says. This is a very rough rendering, and the song is nowhere near finished. I'm looking for some feedback if anyone has the time. The flute solo is tricky to hit and needs work on it's timing. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

I haven't been in YLC for a while now. I'll be sure to listen to your tunes as well.

the intro stabby melody synth blobs could use some reverb lubrication, no? That synth pad smeared on top gels it nicely, same for the other (flutey) melody bits. I'd work on that repetitive stab melody, make it more bassy (doesn't seem to have a bassline) and play around with it, some augmentations in note placement, variation in dynamics, timbre processing and what not, make it less static all throughout? Or maybe that is the charm, referencing the 80's?

the intro stabby melody synth blobs could use some reverb lubrication, no? That synth pad smeared on top gels it nicely, same for the other (flutey) melody bits. I'd work on that repetitive stab melody, make it more bassy (doesn't seem to have a bassline) and play around with it, some augmentations in note placement, variation in dynamics, timbre processing and what not, make it less static all throughout? Or maybe that is the charm, referencing the 80's?

thanks for the feedback. this is exactly what i was looking for. i'll play around with reverb on the synth stabs and boost the low frequencies on them.

thanks again. :)

I went ahead and worked on this a bit more. I made a few changes by adding reverb to the main punchy synth as well as giving it more bass. I've added a bassline. I changed the synth-patch and fine tuned it for the little synth sound that comes in at 1:13. The layout is the same and does not represent a finished layout, but you get the idea.

Have another listen. It's saved over the previous version, so the new version is available in the OP.

Archived