IGNORED

acknowledge my art you bastards

granty

Guest taxman

i watched it

it was ok... nothing happened really. it was a bit too abstract i think. maybe if you had incorporated clips of traffic on a highway at night coresponding to the curve of the floating hexagons... or even long exposure photographs that the hexagons moved over... or any other kind of literal idea that you could add your element of abstraction to to connect it to anything else... it would be better.

i watched it

it was ok... nothing happened really. it was a bit too abstract i think. maybe if you had incorporated clips of traffic on a highway at night coresponding to the curve of the floating hexagons... or even long exposure photographs that the hexagons moved over... or any other kind of literal idea that you could add your element of abstraction to to connect it to anything else... it would be better.

tch - thats just what my mum said - cheers

Guest Moebius

The last part with the 4 way symmetry and the glenzing was very nice. You probably should have faded the music out, though, instead of just ending it abruptly.

Guest twiddler

well i think it's pretty bad - but as pointed out, the last bit was nice. If you want some excellent trippy imagery - get the milkdrop winamp plugin and watch it for hours when stoned - you don't need acid.

Guest twiddler
its a million times better than the dayvan cowboy promo

The dayvan cowboy promo was good and it had a nice simple idea - tell a story using unrelated material taken out of its context. This one doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lost cloud

It is not hard to do a video a million times better than the Dayvan cowboy clip! But I hope it's not what you are looking for.

The song you have taken is so nice.

my feeling:

At the start the whole thing is too slow instead of the sound and some times the red shapes are too small in the middle of the screen. The lines of points flying against mirrors are so much used like the classical psychedelic trip :snares: (from years now), but it works!!!! Thank you for your video! :yeah:

The dayvan cowboy promo was good and it had a nice simple idea - tell a story using unrelated material taken out of its context. This one doesn't.

i think you missed the joke there mate

...and anyway just because this doesn't tell an obvious story does it mean there's no narrative? I think you're wrong, the simplest of things tell a story if you look hard enough.

Guest lost cloud

the simplest of things tell a story if you look hard enough.

well, your video is cool but if we look very hard it becomes a boring exercise of searching meanings :getlost:

Guest twiddler

...and anyway just because this doesn't tell an obvious story does it mean there's no narrative? I think you're wrong, the simplest of things tell a story if you look hard enough.

It was a polite way to say that your video didn't connect with the music and was, for me, pretty boring visually.

But some people like it that way.

It was a polite way to say that your video didn't connect with the music and was, for me, pretty boring visually.

But some people like it that way.

just say what you mean, its shite - i know that, it was doodle in after effects with a hastily thrown in boc track is what it was

Archived