IGNORED

New WIP

Adieu

Yeah, I was thinking about that with the bass line. Definitely going to add more layers, and dynamic elements. Probably going to do some finesse on the drums. Add a couple variations, etc.

Yes, I have this issue getting the drums in front without clipping things. The song is already clipping in various places despite my efforts to fix it. Usually the percussion, namely the kick and snare, are the major offenders here. I am trying to be conscious of keeping levels down.

Yes, I have this issue getting the drums in front without clipping things. The song is already clipping in various places despite my efforts to fix it. Usually the percussion, namely the kick and snare, are the major offenders here. I am trying to be conscious of keeping levels down.

Lower all the levels and bring the drums to a reasonable volume and throw a compressor on the master track. (i honestly have no idea what I'm doing at times but i find 9 times out of 10 compression solves my problems)

You definitely have some good ideas. The baseline, in my opinion, needs to lay back a little more. I imagine its exactly on beat, but because of the synth "vamping" being more behind the beat, it makes the exactness of the bass feel like its almost ahead of the beat. The vibe is there...I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes next.

Archived