IGNORED

That Old Tunes Vol 1 Synth Sound

lumpenprol

Anyone else notice that some of the Old Tunes Vol 1 tracks have a very unique synth sound? It sounds massive, distorted and raw, as if it was recorded in a cathedral or some other wide open space. Is this the sound of BoC's "secret weapon" synth? I don't remember hearing it as pronounced on any of their other albums.

For reference, see:

Track 8, side a

Track 13, side a

Track 16, side b

It's such a fantastic sound, reminds me of that vintage synth that guy refurbished that somebody linked to a few months ago. I think I could listen to a whole album of this stuff - enveloping, vibrating, sinister synth with drums underneath. Lovely.

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom

Speaking of old tunes synths... here's my lame remake of the synth from side b track 1. *applause* 'Tis fun to play with. Seriously, the synth from that song.. I could listen to it for hours. HOURS. How the fuck could I like a song so much I don't know, but if there was a gun pointed at my head i would be smiling with that song playing.

And yes, the synth you're talking about is great too. All of the old tunes are so fucking great, I don't know what's keeping them from releasing them.

Speaking of old tunes synths... here's my lame remake of the synth from side b track 1. *applause* 'Tis fun to play with. Seriously, the synth from that song.. I could listen to it for hours. HOURS. How the fuck could I like a song so much I don't know, but if there was a gun pointed at my head i would be smiling with that song playing.

And yes, the synth you're talking about is great too. All of the old tunes are so fucking great, I don't know what's keeping them from releasing them.

i must say, that was really cool.

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom

i must say, that was really cool.

Thanks, was just messing around really lol. Can't get enough of that song.

Guest Moebius

Hmm, reminds me more of Northern Plastics.

Guest BunnyRabbit
a variety of effects pedals.

The source synth could be anything (or just the usual SH101) but the effect is overdrive/distortion.

Archived