IGNORED

AE SF

awepittance

so good, not much else to say. parts of it sounded very jammy, more than i expected. fucking loved it. Mezzanine does not have great sound though, its glaringly lower quality than a few other venues in SF, so as much as I was blown away by the show it did cross my mind a few times how much more amazing it would have sounded at GAFTA or even Public Works.

there was a part towards the end that sounded straight off Draft but much more slamming. It had that same max/msp rapid fire hi hat patch they used a lot on that album and it was really nice for some reason to hear such a 'classic' AE sound live. I don't remember another instance of that before

I feel like i was hearing a lot of clever bass/ kick drum interplay that was happening automatically, like they didn't sequence the bass to drop out manually it was some kind of interactive system that had lfo automation and some form of side chaining (not compression) to give the whole thing a very strong rhythmic breathing feel.

so crazy they don't release soundboards or official releases of this shit. truly amazing

Archived