IGNORED

Zoom H4N Users - presets available? Onboard are a bit shite

Polytrix

Guest Chesney

The FX are just some add on to make it sound good but anyone wanting to use this seriously are not going to be using the FX at all, it's not the point of the thing. Just ignore them and effect when the recording is transferred to the DAW or on it's way in.

Edit: answer to the question, I highly doubt it, like I said, it's not really it's purpose so they won't have taken much thought into the FX just whacked in the basics to build up the specs for sales.

It's a decent enough recorder though.

Guest Chesney

Although, maybe having compression set as recording will give you a better listening level, lets say if you're recording ambient noises and there is a variety of dynamics in source.

Yeah thanks man, I kind of figured this. 

I was experimenting with running guitar into my interface via distortion pedals/wah and the H4N so I was sort of using it as an additional FX box on the way in.

Yeah, I realise I can do this all in the box. Was just wondering how I could use it in my set up.

Cheers!

Archived