IGNORED

Nlogax

tarsier888

Guest Strange Attractor

Has anyone ever noticed how aphex twin and BOC are kind of similar?

Like, those old dated synth sounds? Also I think BOC were inspired by the chemical brothers early stuff quite a lot.

Guest Raddcliff

i always felt as though AE had a pretty big influence on them at one point in time pre MHtRtC. they 'toured' with AE post maxima which doesnt really have any vocal choppy styles. then music comes out with some AE type skills on telephasic and pete standing.

they did credit two unmentionable folks that helped them in some interview somewhere.

then they got into an anti glitchy state of mind, even mentioning their distaste for the music with 'clicks and pops'. another interview somewhere

pure speculation, as always.

Has anyone ever noticed how aphex twin and BOC are kind of similar?

Like, those old dated synth sounds? Also I think BOC were inspired by the chemical brothers early stuff quite a lot.

Guest Strange Attractor

i always felt as though AE had a pretty big influence on them at one point in time pre MHtRtC. they 'toured' with AE post maxima which doesnt really have any vocal choppy styles. then music comes out with some AE type skills on telephasic and pete standing.

they did credit two unmentionable folks that helped them in some interview somewhere.

then they got into an anti glitchy state of mind, even mentioning their distaste for the music with 'clicks and pops'. another interview somewhere

pure speculation, as always.

I know people often blame AE for influencing BOC too much, but as much as I love their more folky, simple stuff, yes telephasic workshop and pete standing alone are pure genius no doubt about it.

Wish they would return to some of those bold stark beats. I think if they were to go over that terrain again at this point, the result would be special! TCH has so much mid range density, it's beautiful but I miss the old BOC BASSSSS! Y'know what I mean?

Oh and keeping on thread topic, Nlogax for me fits in to that quirky side of stuff they do, like Iced Cooley. It's like an infommercial from the 80's where the soundguy gets too creative! Love it.

Guest Strange Attractor
this thread should be renamed "when n00bs attack"

Comin' to get ya... :devil:

Archived