IGNORED

Nlogax

tarsier888

i just got Hi Scores and BPOITC in the mail today, and right now i'm listening to 'Nlogax'. is it just me or is this song really.. really really strange? it doesn't sound anything like any of BOC's other stuff, it sounds more like something Afx would do..

pretty weird

also: is Hi Scores supposed to come in a really small thin cardboard thing?

Guest Iain C

No, it comes in a solid gold cube with a hexagon engraved on all but on side, the other side containing backwards coordinates in ROT13 to a secret satanic wedding of a billy-goat and a minimoog.

Sounds like you've been had.

Guest endangered betche

It is really strange.

But it is really BOC.

I imagine they were trying to capture the feeling of getting their first drum machine, and then warping the vocals was just an added bonus. It always sounds to me like some old school rappers stuck in a computer.

I wonder what song they sampled to get the vocals?

Yeah it's different, but it's grown on me to the point where it's one of my favorite tracks. Hi scores is definitely my favorite BOC release, worth it for June 9th alone. Also, yes it comes in a sleeve, not a jewel case, you didn't get ripped off. There should also be a brail sticker on the front.

thanks six.

i must say june 9th and 'everything you do is a balloon' are definatly my favorites, also, kid for today is pretty great. i like how it slowly starts from a weird sound that doesn't really fit and then the beat starts playing around the weird sound that doesn't really fit

lol :grin: :cool:

Guest cosmonaut
There should also be a brail sticker on the front.

that's only a certain pressing. others have the braille indented on the cardboard.

Guest Moebius

That's the difference between old boc and new boc. In new boc, when the old school synth comes in, the song's nearly over. In old boc, it's only half way through.

That's the difference between old boc and new boc. In new boc, when the old school synth comes in, the song's nearly over. In old boc, it's only half way through.

actually another difference between old boc and new boc is the use of guitars

owned

Guest endangered betche

Tarsier, we love your enthusiam, but please stop before somebody (Kaen) hunts you down.

BOC have used guitars since the beginning and count the Incredible String Band as a big influence.

:flower:

Guest cosmonaut
you know what i mean..

i said the USE of guitars =P the use of guitars from their old albums and TCH is a huge difference, you can't argue that =P

like fuck i can't. how? people strummed, plucked and picked guitars back then, and as far as i know, that is still done today. explain how the guitars were different in the early days.

like fuck i can't. how? people strummed, plucked and picked guitars back then, and as far as i know, that is still done today. explain how the guitars were different in the early days.

don't be an arse-hole. you do know what he means. you would never know that boc used guitars in older releases if you didn't read it in an interview.

Guest BunnyRabbit
I dunno but I remember reading the name of the track the drum beat was sampled from once

Indeep - Last Night a DJ Saved My Life.

I sometimes mix the acapella of Last Night... over Nlogax for fun. The cold winter nights just fly by.

Guest Iain C

I dunno but I remember reading the name of the track the drum beat was sampled from once

Indeep - Last Night a DJ Saved My Life.

I sometimes mix the acapella of Last Night... over Nlogax for fun. The cold winter nights just fly by.

That's the one. Wicked track too, I'd forgotten that's what it was.

Guest BlueIgloo

i love the high new order esque Hooky-type bass part at the beginning of XYZ, the best earlyish use of guitars in BoC's music.

tarsier makes points we all have thought in the past, except we all sound a little weathered and world-weary when we make them.

he'll be a sarcastic bastard by post 10,000, im sure of it

Guest cosmonaut
you would never know that boc used guitars in older releases if you didn't read it in an interview.

'older releases' as in material that was officially released or shit like old tunes etc?

he'll be a sarcastic bastard by post 10,000, im sure of it

tarsier doesn't know it but i'm just training him to replace me when i retire from watmm.

Archived