IGNORED

Remix for a competition.....

david1806

Hi all....

So I thought I would enter that competition, if only for the practice if nothing else.  It's of a song that doesn't particularly do it for me, but hey ho....

So the track is far from finished, some more female vocals to be added, still not happy with the transition between parts, don't like the kick drum, obviously mix all over the place etc etc but I thought I would pop it up and get any initial thoughts....??

I am pretty sure I discovered this competition from someone on this site who's track I gave a listen, and it was the same as this one - if you are reading this...thanks for the heads up whoever you are!!

This link should be showing two remixes of mine, Come Together and the new one Take Away...

https://clyp.it/user/b4s0eyas

Thanks in advance...
David

Come Together - Nice reggae bounce, the panning that you do on those snare rushes is cool - I feel like that's probably your signature motif for the track given that the bassline, which is also prominent, closely resembles the original. When you repeat the line "feel his disease" this could be a cue for the track to get momentarily more distorted or dissonant to support the theme of the lyric. The way you bring in the repeated electric guitar wailing over the "spinal cracker" part near the end is climactic, I could imagine a beatles-esque string section part mimicking that lick would make it even more-so. 

Archived