IGNORED

Live streaming Ableton production sessions to learn from one another and share the experience

Polytrix

4 hours ago, thawkins said:

Uhh don't touch that. This is what makes your USB ports work. I don't care what the device manager says.

Edit: for example IIRC some laptops have the built in keyboard hardwired to the USB port as well internally. It's a cheap hack but if you blow your USB drivers away then you basically lose the keyboard and can't do anything (remember, external keyboards also connect through USB). Might be a convoluted scenario that rarely happens but why risk it. ?

Rule of thumb here: if you don't know what it does and how to fix it or what is going on... then don't touch it. Windows is pretty tolerant for users messing around, but you can just end up with a situation where you mess something up and then have to fix it going into safe mode while following some weird online tutorials.

Issues like these are why I just got a Mac - since hardware and software is made by the same company, this avoids a lot of the issues that come from laptop hardware itselt not working correctly with the software. Basically I can be reasonably sure that the computer on it's own is working correctly, without going through some damn root cause analysis forensic experiment.

Lately of course Macs get their share of issues too..

Thank you very much. Yeah, I was close to like updating the BIOS but decided against it. It's basically windows not liking the Focusrite driver from what I can tell. Seems OK now but WTF. Very silly.

Archived