IGNORED

New tunage gang (actually i sat on it for a while lol)

Guest The Bro

Guest Promo

So I've been sitting on this track for quite a while. After the initial sort of excitement of it; I then kinda lost my way and have become frustrated. You know I kinda got to the point where I was thinking 'is this any good?'. Anyways I'm now at the juncture where I'm tired listening to it and frustrated with my shitty set up because I wanted to be able take it to the next level. Anyways so detailed views/criticism etc would be very much appreciated. Cheers. :confused:

The Bro - Justin Time

Anyways I'm now at the juncture where I'm tired listening to it and frustrated with my shitty set up because I wanted to be able take it to the next level.
The Bro - Justin Time

yeah, i know what you mean.

i really liked it though, that saxaphone(is that what it is) was a nice little touch. overall i liked the vibe of it alot. the only critiszm i have is with the sparepusher-esqe little voice sample that pops in for a few seconds at 2:38, just cause i'm sick of that sound.

exactly what comes to mind here. too much reverb on too many instruments make it fuzzy.

the reverb in general belongs to some of the instruments, but its way too many. especially the room-verb on the drums are too much in front. perhaps the attackrate of the bass could be risen A BIT (!) and the release shortened (just slightly). also the i'd take off the reverb on the lower-sax, while its perfect on the higher sound of it. the reverb of that rhode-like melody is too wet, though the length is good.

is there also a reverb on that squarebass ?

hm... last thing is... after that dnb shizzle badass-bass the one after feels too small.

other than these reverb "problems" ...the melody, length, rhythm, drumwork.... PERFECT. i'd honestly love it all day if you take off the reverb a bit. its a *feel good* jazzy track that makes me wanna nod the head, yeah. i like it very much already.

Guest Basi Goreng

Yep too wet, the beats sound a bit muffled and distant.

Drum and bass could be a lot more prominent in the mix.

Entertaining fun track though.

This is wonderful Promo. No crits from me. I like the jazzy vibe it evokes. Everything comes together nicely.....nothing seems out of place. I would consider this a finished track.

This is wonderful Promo. No crits from me. I like the jazzy vibe it evokes. Everything comes together nicely.....nothing seems out of place. I would consider this a finished track.

he has been improving it! and YES. now it is finished!

Guest wasps

[+] this is more succesful than your house-orientated work. some good touches, and the picked bass + keys evokes sqp's less crazy moments. some lovely beatment, good tight cuts, and some clever shifts.

[–] the initial bass sounds a little flat until it's used in conjunction with the key sound. until the amen comes in the break is little too distant. i would have used the second classic DnB break (i can never remember the fucking name of it - the one with the tiny vocal ah oh bit) just for a snippet, not as much as you did.

it has your now-trademark sound, but it sounds as if you're working towards something more together and more complete.

Archived