IGNORED

MY ABLETON!

YEK

" a copy protection violation has been identified. please contact tech support at support@ableton.com"

this started when i renamed a file outside the program manually instead of clciking svae as to change the file name when i was in ableton

if i would have known... if only i would have known

i erased all instances of ableton live in regedit that i could find but i still get this message

i get the message it opens up support at ableton in my browser i click ok in the program and it closes.

what THE FUCK should i do guys? I' am bothered by this cause i can't make music and i fear that i'll have to wait till the next version is released on the internet, who knows when that will be

what if i get another warez when the next version comes out and it doesn't werk. i 'd have to fork out 500 bucks or however much it costs and i'm poor, i can't be doing that

:confused:

well i won't worry about that quite yet. i'm guessing this has happened to other people and i'm hoping that some of those people maybe frequent this forum

anyways, hope someone knows what to do :yeah: <-----------

From what i've heard (not a ableton user) there is nothing you can do to undo that. Sorry, looks like you're going have to buy it...or use a different sequencer. Saving up money isn't very hard to do and you can also get a discount on software if you attend a uni. http://www.academicsuperstore.com

From what i've heard (not a ableton user) there is nothing you can do to undo that. Sorry, looks like you're going have to buy it...or use a different sequencer. Saving up money isn't very hard to do and you can also get a discount on software if you attend a uni. http://www.academicsuperstore.com

so yer saying that a newer version and a newer crack will not werk?

so yer saying that a newer version and a newer crack will not werk?

I'm saying that i'veheard that nothing can undo that copy protection thing, but I could be wrong.

in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

you'l find a file called hosts

at the bottom of the text file, add 127.0.0.1 www.ableton.com.. then save.

this basically disables your pc from visiting ableton dot com, thus you can use your warez safely, but you should buy it.

buy it cheapskate.

lol. fair point.

this happened to me a few years ago when i was using i naughty copy of 3 i got off ares. it worked fine for about 6 months, then, when i started getting really into it, and doing actual work in it, something very similar happend to me. i dont know what it could have been but there was nothing i could have done about it. so i just bought version 4 and registered. now i never have any problems, apart from one time i told it to scan my hard drive for all dll files when it loads up, dont EVER tell it to do that, bad news.

my only advice is bite the bullet and buy it. its all very well getting away with using warez and cracks but at the end of the day something like this will happen and affect all your work. if you keep all your live set files then they should load fine into a registered version.

matey up there is right also, they do discounts to students.

didn't do anything logan

yeah, you might have to do a complete reinstall... if ableton have detected your warezed version, and put some kind of crap in your registry which will prevent it from working.

try uninstalling and reinstalling abeton.

if that doesn't work, you might be looking at a format and reinstall.

that's all i got.

Guest Iain C

This happened to me all the time back when I was using a cracked version. There's a way you can make a newer version work, first you've got to do what Logan says, but you also need to go into "C:\Documents and Settings\*your username*\Application Data\Ableton\Live 5.0.3" and delete something there. I can't remember what, a good guess tells me it's "unlock.cfg" but I'm not sure. Then you should be able to reinstall a newer version and crack it and have it work.

edit: oh yeah, also did an uninstall/reinstall as well. But those Application Data files stay put when you uninstall it.

I went through this process a few times, with two old versions of Ableton 4 and the first version of Ableton 5. It is only a temporary fix - every version ended up giving me the same error. In the end, I persuaded my parents to help me buy it for Christmas. I empathise with you for not being able to afford it because without that I wouldn't have been able to get it either... but I assure you it is worth saving up for if you can. I presume you've been using it for a fair old while.

Good luck anyway Yekker mate :smile:

touch of genius on abe's part actually - all the live cracks do this after a few months use

then you're fucked!

buy it!

mo

Guest Iain C

Yeah it's really clever... give you just enough time to get hooked. And I did get hooked... what beautiful software

touch of genius on abe's part actually - all the live cracks do this after a few months use

then you're fucked!

buy it!

mo

so even if you set up the hosts file like i said, before you install it, you're still fucked?

put it this way, if there's one viable business that deserves to make honest money from selling a good, original product to people who will make good use of it, it's ableton.

fuck the corps, support the innovators. pay the money.

get a credit card or something.

or, at the very least - steal it from Guitar Centre.

those fuckers clearly have too much money....

more money than sense it would seem, but that's another boring story.

You guys talking about BEAT, or H2O?

Don't know what I'm doing right but I've never had a problem with ableton cracks.

Hmmmm, now that I think about it, it probably also has something to do with how frequently I use it - almost never. Sequencers really aren't my thing. So maybe it counts how many times you use or save or something.

Archived