IGNORED

Quetzycotel Colossus

Guest sonnyskare

Guest sonnyskare

Love da drums, it's seriously lacking a snorgally(nasal) lead though.

Where should I stick the lead? And you do you have an example of the sound? the song's pretty full in most parts, but I guess I could make a second verse thingy and stick some sort of melody in there (the song is longer but most of the later parts are unfinished, mostly drums or bass).

And thanks for the listen, I'll repay the favor!

Where should I stick the lead? And you do you have an example of the sound? the song's pretty full in most parts, but I guess I could make a second verse thingy and stick some sort of melody in there (the song is longer but most of the later parts are unfinished, mostly drums or bass).

Around the 50 sec mark would sound nice. You know that nasally lead synth that AFX used a lot on RDJ album, the cheaper sounding one.

Just so you know it, there's some serious clipping going on in the intro.

Have you EQd any of the tracks/instruments? The bass is completely drowning the kick. I think you should have a look at your bassline to see if there are any frequencies you can remove without "damaging" the overall sound of it - and my guess is, you can :) Consider sidechaining the kick to the bass to make it pop. Also, the hi hat is really loud.

Sorry, I hope this didn't sound like me pissing all over your track, but I'm just pointing out a couple of things that will definitely improve the sound of your track :)

Guest sonnyskare

Around the 50 sec mark would sound nice. You know that nasally lead synth that AFX used a lot on RDJ album, the cheaper sounding one.

I think I kind of get what you're saying. I finished the remainder of the track, maybe it has it now?

Just so you know it, there's some serious clipping going on in the intro.

Have you EQd any of the tracks/instruments? The bass is completely drowning the kick. I think you should have a look at your bassline to see if there are any frequencies you can remove without "damaging" the overall sound of it - and my guess is, you can :) Consider sidechaining the kick to the bass to make it pop. Also, the hi hat is really loud.

Sorry, I hope this didn't sound like me pissing all over your track, but I'm just pointing out a couple of things that will definitely improve the sound of your track :)

Wow I didn't notice the clipping but you're right. I hopefully fixed the bassline, I changed the hi-hat channel too. I pretty much redid the whole mix. Thanks for all the advice, I didn't take it in a bad way at all, I'm glad you spent the time to listen.

I think I kind of get what you're saying. I finished the remainder of the track, maybe it has it now?

Kinda, I was trying to describe a whiny lead like the one in fingerbib. But, you nailed your own vibe in this track, I really dig the final edit.

• 1 month later...
Guest sonnyskare

Kinda, I was trying to describe a whiny lead like the one in fingerbib. But, you nailed your own vibe in this track, I really dig the final edit.

I actually tried to recreate the fingerbib synth for a bit, I'm horrible at sound engineering unfortunately.

Guest brendyman

Just listened to the new one a couple posts up, and really my only complaint is that the hi-hat is wayyyyyy loud, like, almost deafening when all the other instruments sound like they're at a normal volume. Everything else is pretty solid, and I like your synths and composition.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sonnyskare

Just listened to the new one a couple posts up, and really my only complaint is that the hi-hat is wayyyyyy loud, like, almost deafening when all the other instruments sound like they're at a normal volume. Everything else is pretty solid, and I like your synths and composition.

I just can't get the hihat right :cerious:

Thanks for the feedback! I don't know if it's worth it to fix the hihat now

Also I've got a new track, give it a listen and I'll be sure to return the favor to anyone out there!

https://soundcloud.com/sonnyskare/flying-through-the-pale-clouds

Archived