IGNORED

Codes lead to weird pages on patten's website.

Guest Zwei Kreise

Guest Zwei Kreise

Because apparently BoC doesn't have the monopoly on fun cryptic webpages.

A while ago I noticed a code on the sticker on the front of patten's album "EOLIAN INSTATE", which reads "maylis opal emdash". When searching in google, it turns up this page as the first result : http://www.patttten.com/Schaffhausensches.html

I thought it was a fun little easter egg, the gif is basically an unpacked version of the album cover (all the images together form the cover, or if that's not all of them at least a sizeable portion of them).

But I still lacked one release in the patten discography (at least one of the more widely-available releases I mean), which after it originally got lost in the mail and sent again, I just received from Bleep his ep on Warp titled "EOLIAN INSTATE". Interestingly, this one is limited to 300 copies which is probably why there's nowhere on the internet where this is mentioned yet, but it has a code as well, which reads "hossegor zeno jughead umbra", and sure enough, if you type this in google, this is what turns up : http://www.patttten.com/Capitolo_XV_Capitolo_XIX___libro_di_mano_capitolo_XI___Capitolo_XVIII.html

The code on this page is actually easy to figure out (will post here if people are lost but I doubt it). There is a lot of interesting content on these pages that I thought were interesting to share.

As a side note, when I posted the second code ("hossegor...") on Twitter, I got a response from patten in his usually concise style which simply read "U+231B" (so : ⌛ ).

Guest Zwei Kreise

This is what I've turned up so far :

- the text present on both pages are two short stories from Jorge Luis Borges, respectively On Exactitude in Science and The Circular Ruins.

- Maylis is a name, Emdash is this (which I didn't know was called that).

- Hossegor is a place in France, Zeno is ... pick one, Jughead is either the character on Archie or the nickname of the nuclear bomb on Lost which came from the character (though considering there's ascii art of Archie in one of the pages' source I'm inclined to think the former), Umbra could be a lot of things but probably this.

- if you find a correlation between the items represented in ascii art in the pages' source, you're smarter than I am (which in all honesty isn't that hard).

• 1 year later...

Archived