IGNORED

Microkorg Patches

Guest môak

Guest Mr. Magoo

hi there

i've got a microkorg, so i found some patches, which are freeware from the net, but i collected them and so i got a little package for those who have a microkorg, and who have a usb to midi cord.

Guest Death and Taxes

what do these patches do?

i just got my microkorg this week so i'm a noob to pretty much everything

Guest Death and Taxes

Soooo they are sounds then. :rolleyes: I sort of assumed that much. do they overwrite all of my banks with new ones?

also, see above re: my noobness.

No they won't.

Just download the microkorg software editor and all questions will be answered.

I think...

Don't forget you need to connect midi in and out.

Guest user

If you have a soundcard that has a midi in-out or a seperate midi interface you don't need a usb to midi cable, plus you'd need two for in and out and I can only see trouble coming from that.

Or does it work for you magoo?

Just as a bit of trivia since those who are amazed at the Microkorg probably don't realize this.

"Patch" comes from the days of Modular synthesizers. You know those pictures of Wendy Carlos or Delia Derbyshire in front of a wall of cords and panels and shit all over? Well, the cords used to connect those modules were called "patch" cords. So then the obvious way to shorten down "This particular arrangement of patch cords" was to call it "a patch". The name stuck when the self contained synths came in because wtf else were they going to call it?

Also, if you want 2 Midi In's and Midi Out's, I'd sugest a Midiman Midisport 2x2. I have one and it works wonderfully. Very simple to use as well.

Archived