IGNORED

Using a PS2 control pad to control Ableton

mcbpete

I've got a PS2 control pad -> USB convertor and I was just wondering if it's possible to use it to control Ableton Live and/or programs like traktor. Having the twin X/Y analogue sticks plus the analogue buttons could be usefull for music-ings. So yeah, does anyone know if this sort of thing is possible ?

EDIT: This is the closest I've found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqyjnFNQ96Q (this uses the buttons to trigger stuff but unfortunatly doesn't talk about using this analogue sticks)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I've now managed to get this sorted with a mixture of Midi Yoke and Rejoice but I can't for the life of me work out how you assign a midi device to the "Assignable X/Y Contoller" in Ableton. I can assign other commands fine using the Midi Learn button in Ableton (the one that makes the buttons all blue until you send it a midi command) but I can't assign anything to the rather ironically named "Assignable X/Y Contoller"...... anyone know ?

Guest Captain Cooper

The two drop-down boxes beneath the X-Y surface allow you to select a MIDI parameter for the surface to control. No MIDI Learn required. Take care!

Guest Captain Cooper

NP. Where'd you get the PS2>USB converter from? My PS2 gave up the ghost months back and it'd be nice to use the bits and bobs for something.

Guest Captain Cooper

Safe... I've been playing San Andreas on my PC quite a lot lately and being able to use my PS2 pad would make it purrrrrrrrrrfect

cuuuute%20cats.jpg

Archived