Guest yanG

classic:

http://wondermp3s.free.fr/works_in_progres...WIP-classic.mp3

yawn:

http://wondermp3s.free.fr/works_in_progres..._g-WIP-yawn.mp3

Nudge of the Strategic:

http://wondermp3s.free.fr/works_in_progres...e_Strategic.mp3

well well, isnt it the lad who hates everybodys music

your stuff sounds like ad music, in the sense that it doesnt sound very serious and its annoying as fuck

classic sounds like someone making music shaking their toothbrush between their teeth

dont get me started on nudge..

yawn is filled with noises, i dont get the message

Guest thisket

I hate to say anything negative in this forum, but it just sounds like stale vst readymade computer music.

Try using noises that don't sound like Windows sounds. It sounds way too friendly.

Sorry... :(

what's all this about? derelic7 if you have a problem with me (which i doubt, i don't hate anybody's music on here). if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't post.

i don't trust your honesty guys, sorry if i hurted your feelings by nor liking your latest tracks (don't remember if i listened to them). but what's the point of saying "yeah it's perfect" when you think it's not. probably i criticize a lot but never say something's shit. i try to remain constructive in my comments.

if you have any problem PM me instead of publicly writing stupid things on other peopmle's music, thx.

i dunno, you've always given me the impression that you're very elitist and generally downputting and overly negative with peoples music, i'm not talking about tracks by me either, just what i've read on track comments on others. if it's an incorrect assumption i'm sorry but that's just the impression i've gotten

and i was being honest with my comments, your tracks are well programmed and constantly change but nothing really sticks, it all feels very random and aimless. i'm not much of a fan of either the sounds or melodies you employ

this may be a terribly harsh thing to say but it doesnt feel like your music has any soul, or i'm just not getting it

i dunno, you've always given me the impression that you're very elitist and generally downputting and overly negative with peoples music, i'm not talking about tracks by me either, just what i've read on track comments on others. if it's an incorrect assumption i'm sorry but that's just the impression i've gotten

and i was being honest with my comments, your tracks are well programmed and constantly change but nothing really sticks, it all feels very random and aimless. i'm not much of a fan of either the sounds or melodies you employ

this may be a terribly harsh thing to say but it doesnt feel like your music has any soul, or i'm just not getting it

well you couldv'e posted this instead of your stupid first reply that looked like a hateful vengeance, posting something bad for the sake of posting something bad. i can't believe how immature it is.

i may be elitist but i don't think that's a problem. i guess people who come on here want to improve their skills. how useful would it be to post only the good you think of the tracks? and, to be honest, there are many people on here and very few good material. only Jubal springs to mind right now, i heard some wicked stuff in the past too but can't remember. last, my opinion is the opinion of a complete nobody and i don't get how my negative comments would deserve such importance, enough importance to get such a hateful reply.

so, if you have bad things to say about people's music, tell 'em in a constructive manner, not in a hateful, sterile way like you did in the first place. but it would be stupid (imo) just not to posy when you have constructive criticism to do about a track. i don't think this forum is about licking each other's balls, is it?

i'm imposing my own insecurities on you and spouting out as much insults as possible to cover up my fear of my own music being rejected

just forget what i said, it's got nothing to do with you

of course this forum is not about licking any balls, at least as far as i'm aware we're not in the official NAMBLA forum. I know what constructive criticism is, trust me, i've spent the greater part of my life drawing and learning the importance of honest criticism and advice, but there's a difference between "fuck, this isn't music dude" and "here's what you did wrong, this is what you can do to make it better"

of course this forum is not about licking any balls, at least as far as i'm aware we're not in the official NAMBLA forum. I know what constructive criticism is, trust me, i've spent the greater part of my life drawing and learning the importance of honest criticism and advice, but there's a difference between "fuck, this isn't music dude" and "here's what you did wrong, this is what you can do to make it better"

just telling what you don't like can be constructive. the author then makes a choice between what seems relevant or not. i don't get why you say "but" there's a difference...". is it because of my reply to that thread where i said i didn't get the music and it didn't sound like music to me?

is it because of my reply to that thread where i said i didn't get the music and it didn't sound like music to me?

possibly

i dont remember why exactly but its just an impression ive gotten

this isnt exactly a professional site where people are distinctly focused on hearing how crappy you think their work is, and if they are, it's probably included in the main post as a "crits welcome" kind of thing

as such i believe overly criticisive posts are over the top, and you have a habit of doing that frequently more or less which has sort of perpetuated this mental image of you being a rather negative elitist person

i'm definitely not negative. and i dont post things such as "fuck, this isn't music dude". if i really don't get it i ask for explanations. i'm just looking for good music, and there are a lot of good peeps on various netlabels, some coming from here. i don't see what's the problem with that. now if the default rule is "do not criticize" i haven't been warned. and if you think your music is shite but don't want to hear it, keep your tracks for yourself. i've been reading my recent comments since you told me this and i found more than a half of fairly positive comments, i found 1 harsh comment, but nothing like what "fuck, this isn't music dude" and when i criticize a track a lot i always say that it's probably me since i know i have higher expectations than most peeps on here.

now please keep in mind that i am not responsible for your fear of judgement, and that what people think of your/other peeps' music is not *that* important.

Well, I'm completely with you on the crit side of things. It's much more helpful to know where your stuff is weak, especially when people take time to detail what it is they reacted to. In this sense your replies tend to be very minimal Yan, and I think this is possibly where people are rubbed the wrong way, although personally I've never felt that. While I appreciate that people can be very easily wounded by dissection of their lovingly-made twiddles, having aneamic reactions like 'nice' is pointless, so peeps should be less precious and more welcoming of it. Some of the most motivating words I've ever received cut me to the bone. for sure...

And the elitist thing is just your culture, innit... ;-)

Anyway, I harked at your tunes.

Yawn

Dug the pad stab and main melody + crunchy drum. The only thing I would suggest is making the peak of the first section a little denser, beat-wise. Maybe a glitch cymbal/hat pattern.

Classic

Crazy spaz-business. I have no crits for this tune, except maybe it would be nice to have the floaty pad and break only for 1 or 2 bars midway then back into the main rif with the secondary synth element.

Nudge

A touch more organic than the previous, and the least successful. I loved the perc + thumb piano but the clav seemed very awkward.

The james brown samples make it feel extremely naive, so I would suggest either they need to be heavily effected/chopped to give it a new slant on ye olde usage, or once only.

edit - fucking spelling

thx for reviewing. on nudge that jb sample was supposed to be scratched but i haven't recorded myself yet. i know where to take this track but haven't bothered yet. atm it's like at a badly drawn rough that does not show its potential ;)

thanks for the comments on the 2 other tracks. completely uninspired for those atm, now working on a friend's track.

cheese!

i like the distorted choir in yawn. nice synths and rhythm.

yeah off the 3 yawn sounds the most promising. thx for listening (it's a synth btw, not a choir, but its sound made me use choirs in another track, really sounds like a processed choir at times).

Archived