IGNORED

Intel Mac + Live 5.2 + Firewire Mixer =

Guest Yggdrasil

Guest Yggdrasil

so i've finally procured a copy of Ableton Live 5.2 and installed it on my Macbook earlier this evening. after a few minor tweaks and firmware/driver updates on my mixer, i got everything running incredibly quickly. the tutorials bundled with Live were ridiculously clear as well. within about 30 minutes, i was composing tracks more fluidly than i'd ever been able to with any other sequencer. Live is the motherfucking daddy.

i can record 8 simultaneous channels with my mixer and loop and cut the resulting audio on the fly. even while running several effects on a through channel, the latency is barely noticable. i had two delays, a chorus, phaser and a reverb all running via software on my live guitar, and didn't notice a single pop or glitch...i'm honestly blown away. i've NEVER been able to do work this efficiently.

i don't see any reason why i'd need any other peice of major music software after this...

ableton users, i enthusiastically join your ranks.

- tree -

p.s. one question though...is there any way to run Logic AU's via Live's browser?

Guest Yggdrasil
quite good innit
'tis indeed.

anyone familiar with the device aggregation feature in the audio/midi utility in OS X Tiger? looks like i can run record audio off of my mixer, audio-in jack, and external mic simultaneously. how would i go about setting this up?

Guest Captain Cooper
i can record 8 simultaneous channels with my mixer and loop and cut the resulting audio on the fly. even while running several effects on a through channel, the latency is barely noticable. i had two delays, a chorus, phaser and a reverb all running via software on my live guitar, and didn't notice a single pop or glitch...i'm honestly blown away. i've NEVER been able to do work this efficiently.

Aaaaah, that Ableton feeling!

It fucken rules man. I've pretty much gone from totally renoise to totally ableton within a few months. I finished a track completely in ableton the other day and didn't miss renoise for a second! Once you get sorted with albetons ace warping and impulse and it's midi implementation you really can do ANYTHING in it.

Yeah I'm a fanboy, but dang, what a program. It's a great feeling when you fire up a music prog and know you can simply focus on getting something done rather than wrestling with a crummy interface.

Guest Captain Cooper
i think im the only person on earth to only use ableton Live for performing Live.

I have used it to perform live and it was a cracking lark too.

Ah, you said "only" and I'm half-drunk and fully-stupid

Archived