IGNORED

Hey guise, I have a question;

modey

At the moment I'm using Reason to put tracks together for my ep-in-progress. However, I'm using it in a weird way, since I'm using a lot of live instrumentation (ie guitar and drums).. So this means I load up a Redrum module with all of my guitar and drum recordings in it and trigger them when needed. As you may be able to tell, this gets really annoying, because my recorded parts are long, and if I want to hear the track from a certain place, I can't just click that particular measure because the recorded parts won't play.

So, what can I do about this? I know nothing about Ableton's latest capabilities, will it let me record and play back wav tracks so I can rewire it to Reason? Or will I need something more wanky like Cubase?

Basically I'd like to use synths, electronic drums and the effects in Reason along with some kind of multitrack recording software, that will be able to start a wav file from any point in the track.

ableton is indeed an option and it has a low learning curve,

but cubase (with reason 'rewired' to it) will be more flexible for recording (and any kind of midi sequencing you might want to do). you may have to spend some time getting your head around the more complex features of cubase but once you get the hang of it, it'll prove to be as quick & direct as ableton. with enough patience, controlling it will be second nature. but ofcourse, your milage may vary so it'd be best to check out both ableton & cubeest.

ABLETON.

does all u need, easier than you could imagine.

plus u can rewire reason thoroughly (routing individual rack instruments into audio tracks in abe, or simply take the whole master out and route into a single track.)

Archived