IGNORED

303Z80

Guest nannystatenoise

Guest nannystatenoise

The first 8-bit track i've sent into cyberspace. my 8bit alias will be Ikuma Morata, which sounds like a Japanese speaker mangling my actual name.

http://8bitcollective.com/music/ikuma%20mo...0-%20303Z80.mp3

i apologize if it ain't traditional 8-bit, but its 100% made on a gameboy.

Guest nannystatenoise
ehh i couldn't get into that acid bassline sound at all... and melodically this track is just all over the place. to me it just sounds kind of thrown together, like you've loaded up a bunch of pattens - all in different keys - and then let rip. there got some nice sounds but it's just messy and doesn't do anything. i hate to say things like that and i don't usually reply to EKT thread where i didn't like the music... but i thought you should get at least one comment.

yeah i know it sounds messy and all, but it is the first song i've done on LSDJ on my GameBoy and did it in a rush as I was really anxious to finish one and move on.

I don't know how to exploit LSDJ fully yet. LSDJ is a quite deep program so expect better songs as i learn more about the program.

at 1:17...thats just the noise instrument of the GameBoy chip. It would really sound good if it could be given a filter effect, but the gameboy can't do that!

thanks for the honest advice!

• 4 months later...

Archived