IGNORED

mpc1000 program creator

Guest hahathhat

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i asked about this a while back (that mpc/hip hop thread) and i was told nothing existed...

well, i just found a simple app to put together mpc programs on the pc:

http://www.mpc1000.com/MPC1000PC.exe

even without that, i've been getting a lot better use out of my mpc recently... :rhubear2::rhubear3:

yeah, i find it best for live shit.

it's good for when you go somewhere to jam with friends. it's a little box you take with you, with a pile of grooves you've programmed stored on it... :shade:

Hm, I could see the live aspect I guess. It just seemed so archaic to me. Especially trying to do anything remotely melodic with it.

I guess to each their own, but I feel like the hype surrounding the MPC boxes has outgrown their actual substance.

if you want to use it as a production center (i gave it a shot) i found things improved immensely when you plugged a control keyboard into it. when you record from the midi inputs, it'll also take in random CC data. so, you can drum on the pads, play your melodies on the keyboard... and things are copacetic... maybe get a midi knob box involved... then unplug everything and take the results over to a friend's house.

but i have an mpc1000. have not used a 2000 much.

Guest greenbank
Hm, I could see the live aspect I guess. It just seemed so archaic to me. Especially trying to do anything remotely melodic with it.

I guess to each their own, but I feel like the hype surrounding the MPC boxes has outgrown their actual substance.

as a long-term tracker user if i ever had to move to hardware it'd be to a sampler like the mpc, but i just couldn't face the step down from 0-255 channels, 200+ patterns + million times bigger storage area but i guess some of the newest mpcs get close and probably better in terms of pattern numbers.

Archived