IGNORED

Drukqs Virgin Vinyl

Guest Thisket

Guest Thisket

I've put my copy of that rare edition of Drukqs on Amazon. Click here.

The price covers the fancy, careful shipping (I will spend more than the Amazon-assumed $2.59). Of course, if you care to bargain, I'll listen via email, but someone may buy it. I don't know.

Also, feel free to chatter about how much you hate my post.

Guest Thisket

Well, I don't have the normal vinyl version. But this has virtually no surface noise. Just very luscious sound and great range.

Plus the ability to listen at different speeds (i.e., "Vordhosbn").

Guest AlexPallas

i did a spectral analysis on the drukqs vinyl wavs and analord wavs you sent me. the quality of the drukqs vinyl wavs paled in comparison to the CD, however the analord wavs were the same purity of the chosen lords cd.

i did a spectral analysis on the drukqs vinyl wavs and analord wavs you sent me. the quality of the drukqs vinyl wavs paled in comparison to the CD, however the analord wavs were the same purity of the chosen lords cd.

Really? I found the chosen lords cd to sound quite different.

Guest Thisket

Well, I like the sound better than the CD, but I'd like to sell it. Vinyl obviously has "spectral limitations", not to mention that I recorded it to wav the times I played it.

I'm happy with the wavs I got from it, but any music sounds better when it's preformed or played from master. When you transfer source to master, master to vinyl, then vinyl to CD, some bits are bound to go. But that special vinyl adds a special dimension.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the CD when it came out and only liked a couple of tracks... but i lost it at work about 2 years ago. Since then i've been listenin to an MP3 version and i'm startin to love this album more and more, listened to it twice in the last 3 days. Even after 5 years it's still growing on me...thats a sign of true quality.

Highlights - CD1 track 10 the last 30 seconds the beat is so fast you ears cant determine where the breaks of silence are.

Guest Caustic
Highlights - CD1 track 10 the last 30 seconds the beat is so fast you ears cant determine where the breaks of silence are.

Track 10 @ 33rpm = fucking quality

change the speed in Audacity or something.

listening to Drukqs at the wrong speed makes it a whole lot better.

Archived