IGNORED

librarians

Guest hahathhat

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

okay, as EKT music d00dz, we slowly amass a library of samples, melodies, patches, whatever. how do you keep it all organized?

i am certain there is software out there to store+track samples, midi snippets, etc. but i've never looked into it. i figured i'd ask for opinions here, first.

ideally:

- i could track audio samples

- i could copy + paste clips of midi in from cubase (write a melody, copy to clipboard, flip to app, paste). maybe cubase does this already!

- i could track/store patches - sysex and cubase

Well, for samples (which, since Ive used mod trackers for the past 15 years, Ive amassed quite a few of) go into 3 main categories: Synth, Drumz, Speech

Synth:

Bass

Stabs

Pads

Waveforms (supersort snips)

Drums:

Dirs for each of the drum types (kick, hat, snare, etc)

Dirs for specific classic kits (808, 606, 707, Univox, etc)

Speech:

Candid

Raps

Exclamations (Yeah!, Aight Listen!, Pump up tha Volume!, etc)

Singing

Choral (subdir under singing)

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

no i meant i'm looking for programs to do this for me.

nothing complicated, just some way to group things in perhaps a tree structure, add notes to each, move, delete, rename, etc

Guest mooncup

i enjoy the haphazard approach to organisaion and locating samples. i mean i have lots of folders and subfolders all neatly labelled but to be honest there is shit everywhere.

Guest mushroom

I don't organize shit. I have a folder called "Renoise", where all my song files and samples are lumped together. Especially fun when I accidentally select a non-audio file and it scares the shit out of me.

Archived