IGNORED

who of you smelly crusties are going to Glade

Guest Jimbob

Guest Grizz
Nice to be able to quote Andy C on the list to my non believing friends going to Wakestock.

:beer:

Hah ive used that as a persuasion for my friends, saw him last Thursday and it was fucking good

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

Its still missing a 'headliner' that really gets me excited but otherwise its as good a line up as ever I think. Tipper is listed on ID Spiral and Breaksday which is pretty cool. Wish Luke Vibert wouldnt bother with the Ragga Twins, they are useless

Guest Coalbucket PI

Yeah but all the times I've seen them with Luke Vibert theyve ruined it a bit

Guest blutac

yeah so nothing that really really excited me on the final lineup. Really looking forward to Clark, because Im sure he's going to have something new and judging by what he was doing last year it will be really fucking good, but the rest of Overkill is stuff I've either seen to many times, or just isnt that great. What the fuck happened to Aphex Squarepusher double bill. I think Ill probably end up buying tickets every year just in case they ever come back.

Also could someone give me an update on whats been happening in watmm style music/culture in the last 3 months. Any really good albums or a date on the next aphex release?

Guest Grizz
yeah so nothing that really really excited me on the final lineup. Really looking forward to Clark, because Im sure he's going to have something new and judging by what he was doing last year it will be really fucking good, but the rest of Overkill is stuff I've either seen to many times, or just isnt that great. What the fuck happened to Aphex Squarepusher double bill. I think Ill probably end up buying tickets every year just in case they ever come back.

Also could someone give me an update on whats been happening in watmm style music/culture in the last 3 months. Any really good albums or a date on the next aphex release?

The Tuss EP and forthcoming LP which is apparantly Richard... The EP's everywhere now

Really looking forward to Clark, because Im sure he's going to have something new and judging by what he was doing last year it will be really fucking good

He was on form last night, few off Throttle Funiture and lots of stuff I think must be off Ted as I didn't recognise it and I've not got round to buying it yet :fear: looking forward to seeing him again at Glade.

Guest Dirty Protest

Tom twice in a week, do you reckon this is the start of ragnarok. Usually lucky if its once a year, now its up to 3 :beer:

oooooh Squarepusher.

I might have to sort my life out and get a ticket. Even if I will be going on my own.

A sunday set though? They usually finish early on a sunday and there's nothing like the strobelight-extravaganza that is a saturday night squarepusher set at Glade.

Guest Dirty Protest
squarepusher is headlining? oh for fuck sakes....

anyone wanna buy a glade ticket?

(dont get me wrong, i like his music, but his live show is waaank + i want afx)

Depends what he does. Ive lost count how many times ive seen him play and it ranges from some of the worst gigs ive seen to the best. Last time i seen him in Camden was the best set i think ive ever heard, shame it was so short, but they had to fit in Jack Whites Led Zeppelin covers band. Never seen AFX play live so I wouldnt know how good he is, his mp3 collections quite good but.

Guest blutac

yeah I would prefer a squarepusher rave set, but should be good anyway. If you think Squarepusher is shit live you must have had unbelieavably bad luck.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I'd still like to see Squarepusher mentioned on gladefestival.com so I can be certain. Anything he does will be cool with me... Both the glades he did already were fab, something different might be nice

I'd still like to see Squarepusher mentioned on gladefestival.com so I can be certain.

He's on there now :grin:

edited - some more have been added to Overkill too - including Ceephax, Mike Dred and SL2 :laughing: SL-fucking-2 :laughing:

Everyone seen the email off them?

And there are now only 2000 tickets left. We're not saving any till a later date so don't wait any longer if you want to come this year to what is shaping up to blow the previous three years out of the water.

Get on it if you haven't already!

I will be there, 4th year hardcore crew, cant fucking wait to escape reality for 4 days!

My enjoyment of the festival has improved considerably each year, probably due to to an increased awareness of my toxin intake and remembering to eat and sleep.

Gonna be a beauty!

I've met Idiron and Solostrike before so I'll keep an eye out...

Can't see how Squarepusher live can be a bad thing, go and do something else if you dont dig it? Hopefully it will be one of the highlights of the festival, he destroyed it (in a good way) the first year!

Yeah it would be nice to bump into some of you guys and hopefully sit and have a beer in a nice sunny field instead of some grimy London club! It's not a huge festival and I'm sure we'll all be in the Overkill for most of it so odds are good :)

Squarepusher live is good but I've seen him so many times now that I sort of know what to expect... not to say it won't be good, but I can't see how there can be too many surprises. Fuck it, if he plays Tetra-Sync I'll be happy with that!

Archived