IGNORED

something new(ish) from maus.

Guest maus

hi ballers.

just wanted to share a track i completed last year... i think... like in december... but maybe it was this year... i don't remember.

in any event it's held up to a few months' scrutiny by mein ears and a few people have dug on it so i share:

http://www.mausworld.com/mp3/refurb.mp3

likely to be included on an upcoming "lost tracks and remixes" release on mausworld.

i love you.

c

oh yeah!

the vocals are a single sample from 'voices from the black box' which i pitched around to that melody using logic's vocal transformer. a technique i've been using heavily on remixes lately. it's like the overused cher autotune effect, but has a different character, kinda.

is nice.

love,

c

I enjoyed this, it seems kinda poorly mixed and harsh though.

ah! an interesting viewpoint, i actually think it's one of my more lush mixes... what specifically sticks out as harsh? the drums are a bit abrasive, but that was sort of the idea. perhaps they could be smoothed out a bit though.

i appreciate the feedback!

bonus happy

c

This is really good! Can't wait for the release you mentioned. The only negative thing about this track is that the vocals can sound like some rubbish trance diva when taken from context. Where did you get them?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Promo

I agree with others about the vocals sounding kinda naff. Musically this is very nice though. Not anything that hasn't been done before but lovely lush electronics ala Orbital and U-Ziq's more orchestral pieces nevertheless. Yeah I'm a sucker for this kinda of stuff. Take the vocals away and this could almost be a track off of 'Royal Astronomy'. Nice.

Archived