IGNORED

Audiophile USB

Atari Tech

I've had two USB audio interfaces, one the UA-20 had it's headphone port break, and the other one the Speedio never could record, so i need to buy a new Audio Interface if i want to record my micron, so i was looking at the audiophile usb, had anybody used it, and is it any good, or would i be better off just using Reason and FM8 for my synth needs and get an axiom for a midi controller (as i can't make music without a midi controller)

it's actually outstanding.

i've been using itfor live stuff for about 4 years, and the sound quality is great.

power pack will fray and become dangerous eventually.

if you use any other m-audio interfaces (i use the delta 1010).. your computer will deal with any m-audio shit as one interface.

very useful.

plus the tech support is great.

i dont like m-audios too much.. i own one myself... they might be cheap .. but it reflects on the package

i would suggest to get presonus firebox

firewire is much better than usb + you get XLR ins for proper mic recording

and multiple outs for few pairs of monitors and why not usual home stereo speakers

also on audiophile afaik are only RCA outs which are also pretty weak...

I haven't come across any sound card that offers incredible recording capabilities at dirt cheap prices. If your synth has a digital out, then you might be able to pull something off but even then you are relying on D/A converters.

I think its really about what is "good enough" for you. That being said Audiophile USB wasen't good enough for me. My neighbor plays guitar, bought an Audiophile, and traded his in for a MOTU.

I haven't come across any sound card that offers incredible recording capabilities at dirt cheap prices. If your synth has a digital out, then you might be able to pull something off but even then you are relying on D/A converters.

I think its really about what is "good enough" for you. That being said Audiophile USB wasen't good enough for me. My neighbor plays guitar, bought an Audiophile, and traded his in for a MOTU.

The thing is I just need to record my synth, If the headphone out on my UA-20 didn;t break i'd still be using it, I don't record vocals or an non synth instruments, (and i've tied nicer setups such as the mbox) so what people consider cheap (for recording guitar or vocals works for me, so i;d think that something like the firebox would be overkill.

Archived