IGNORED

PISSED about with some generative sequencing

Guest Keef Baker

Guest Keef Baker

Fair.

Well I didn't write the notes, they were generated (so were the beats to be honest) so it's fair enough to be honest.

track 1: i enjoyed it quite a bit. the piano worked well but could have evolved a bit more. the beat was kickin' though.

track 2: the bass was hittin pretty hard (good thing) and i like the lost little snare that would come and go. the synth progression is nice and eerie.

track 3: this is interesting... its broken all over but still attains some sort of structure. kind of like a modern take on fusion jazz.

track 4: both bright and dark.. the combination of both tones confused my senses. the beat goes well with the build of synths.

track 5: so far this might be a favorite track from the bunch. i like how you gave the drums room to evolve and mend and they mingled with that bass for a bit. in fact i like how each sound got its own moment to shine. its very dynamic and unpredictable. great track.

track 6: damn this is dirty... lots of drums and sequencing... quite mad then all the sudden out of no where the water turns to glass, then BOOM we are riding tidal waves again. i like how you cut everything up. another great track.

All in all i dug the EP, all the tracks share a few common characteristics and sort of play off one another. good work and good luck on a full release.

what did you use? logic, maxmsp, audiomulch? I like that someone posted on how you should "change" the melodies or whatever. Yea, you should retain more control of your generative sequences, lol.

Guest Keef Baker

It was all done in Logic.

I can't get my head round Max/MSP. I just don't have those kind of smarts.

Guest Keef Baker

It's all done with transform modules, filters, delays and the like in the environment wndow.

You still have to put midi in but you can trigger a whole generated track with one note (not what I did here)

So it's like visual scripting in a way.

Archived