IGNORED

Ableton Live 6: Rewire question

Guest TI-86

Guest Mental Eclipse

I was doing some research into the possibility of using "Ableton live 6" within another program (such as Pro-Tools, Cubase, or Sonar) though the "rewire" function. I thought that I might be able to take advantage of the sound quality in those other programs while still being able to create and mix all my music within Ableton Live.

After looking on the official "Ableton Live" webpage I noticed it say that "VST plug-ins" can not be used within "Live" while rewired into another program. This would be a huge issue for me because I do a lot with VST's while in "Live".

What do you guys think or using "Rewire" with Ableton Live? Does it really help the sound quality and how will the lack of VST's within "Live" affect writing music in Live? I'm very new with "rewire" and I'd really be interested in hearing your advice and experience with it.

just use the VST's in the host program as you would in Live.

What do you mean by sound quality? your soundcard determines the output sound quality not the program. If you're using a Creative Live card it will sound shit with sonar, FL, cubase or live.

Guest ~ism
just use the VST's in the host program as you would in Live.

What do you mean by sound quality? your soundcard determines the output sound quality not the program. If you're using a Creative Live card it will sound shit with sonar, FL, cubase or live.

i think he means audio summing.

but even then, rewiring wont make much difference, if he's simply routing master out of Live into another sequencer..as the summing still takes place in Live. Unless you can route individual ableton tracks into corresponding tracks in the likes of Cubase or Sonar, there's no point in bothering. But even doing that, you need to start to ask yourself why you're bothering to use Abe at all. It sounds fine to me (not perfect), but fine. If you feel Live isn't sounding good enough, don't use it.

there are a few of ableton's beat programming facilities that i like, so i occasionally wire it into cubase.

i don't really use it other than that.

Guest Mental Eclipse
there are a few of ableton's beat programming facilities that i like, so i occasionally wire it into cubase.

i don't really use it other than that.

yeah, that's similar to what I'm trying to do. I guess I'm just going to have to decide whether to switch programs for arrangement and simply use Live as a production tool, or just stick with "Live" and try to make the best possible sound I can with it.

Archived